Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Ice Fishing Tournament >

Ice Fishing Tournament

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Ice Fishing Tournament

Old 10-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ice Fishing Tournament

So I know that this came up in conversation a few months back but I was just wondering if anyone has made any headway in putting something together?
Old 10-11-2007, 05:07 PM

Default RE: Ice Fishing Tournament

Well this is what i came up with.

Now im aware that everyone that will join isnt able to fish for the same type of fish and we cant have musky and a perch in the same competition, so i figure i would split fish up into certain groups and the groups i thought of is this. Pike/Musky, Trout(all except lakers), Panfish(perch, crappie, blue gill, etc), Carp/Catfish/Burbot(eelpout), Walleye(including sauger, saugeye), Lake Trout/Steelhead/Salmon, Bass, Whitefish. Now if there is any other fish i should include let me know and what group they should be added to for a fair chance or if they should have their own group(i thought of pickerel but i dont know what group to add them too i would say pike and musky but they get alot bigger then pickerel so i was thinkin add them to whitefish maybe.)

Now everyone that signs up, signs up for a group and you must apply for at least three of the groups(ill explan why later). Your top three fish for each group will add up to a total length and the leaders will be determined by the most total inches of the three top fish. Now there will also be a top ice fishing angler and that will be determined by how many top 3 postions you have so for example if a person is 1st in two of the groups and 3rd in another they will have 7 points(1st=3points, 2nd=2points, 3rd=1 point) and another is 2nd in 3 groups he/she has 6 points. Now you can apply for more then 3 groups but only your top three positions will go towards the top ice fishing angler scoring.

So for a sign up thread i will post the groups up and you just put your name and what groups of fish you will be fishing for. I will then put your name in that group of fish. Then for the scoring thread i will keep the scores of each group and top ice fishing angler leader board, and you guys just add your pics when you get a new fish that can beat one of your already top three. So the thread would look something like this

Top Ice Fishing Angler

Phil from Maine......2 1st place, 1 3rd place=7points
JFergus7..............1 1st place, 1 2nd place, 1 3rd place=6points
Lethalconnection...1 2nd place, 1 3rd place=3 points

Trout

Phil from Maine.........21"+24"+23"=68 total inches
Lethalconnection......24"+18"+19"=61 total inches
JFergus7.................21"+17"+16"=54 total inches

So thats what ive come up with and i think it would work pretty good, and at least everyone has a chance.So lets hear some replys about this system, if there is enough good feed back ill throw the sign-up thread asap, cause ice is only a month away for me.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good to me. I don't think it is nearly as complicated as you discribed it but if youunderstand it then that is all that matters!

I'm in!
Old 10-11-2007, 11:09 PM

Yah it will be more clear when its laid out, which i think im gunna do anyways, just throw the sign up thread now wont hurt, ill leave it open to changes and suggestions for now.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

lethal, you PM inbox is full, ya might want to dump some.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, I can only assume that you moved our sign up to the top! Thanks!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

lethal, you PM inbox is full, ya might want to dump some.
Opps sorry ok all clear now
Old 10-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

So we don't have that many ice fisherman or no one is ready the thread yet since it is still over a month or so away for everyone to even start fishing!!!

If you ice fish you need to sign up!!!

Click here to sign up:
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2375614

Old 10-18-2007, 04:22 PM

Seeing as how it is hit or miss on whether central indiana gets safe ice and that the only worthwhile fish here are bluegill, crappie and the occasional bass I think I will pass.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

TTT, come on guys and gals we need more people than this. Its gonna make it too easy for me to clean up. If I can get out more than 1 or 2 x's I should be able to hit 75" min on sauger/walleye. All the rest is up in the air

Quick Reply: Ice Fishing Tournament

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.