Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Idea for icefishin tourney?!?! >

Idea for icefishin tourney?!?!

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Idea for icefishin tourney?!?!

Old 08-28-2007, 07:38 AM

Default Idea for icefishin tourney?!?!

So ive been thinkin about how we could setup a ice fishing tourney on here and here is what i came up with.

We could have separate catergory for each species/group of fish and the total length of your best 3 fish in each catergory will depend on where you end up in the standings for each catergory. The groups i think we should have is Pike/Musky, Walleye, Trout, Bass, Panfish(crappie, perch, bluegill, etc), carp/catfish/burbot, Pickerel. And possibly whitefish and salmon but not sure on those yet, need some feed back to see if those should be included. Now as for trout should Lakers be excluded and have their own separate catergory or keep them with all trout because im thinkin normally lakers are gunna blow all the other types of trout out of the water in size. But what do you guy/gals think??And is there any other species of fish we should have a group for??

As for the Grand Ice Fishing Champ i think that will be determined by who has the most top 3 standings in 4 of the groups.Now lets say 2 people both have the same amount of top 3 standings then i will just have a point set for 1st, 2nd and 3rd and who has more points wins. So lets say 1st is 3pts, 2nd 2pts, 3rd 1pt. So if one person has 2 1st place a 2nd and a 3rd place they have 9pts. And i will keep track of the grand champ on a separate thread with the rules, and i will have the standings for all the catergory's on another, and then a submission thread for all fish. And when you go to sign up for this put your name and at least 4 catergorys you will be participating in and yes you can put down for all of them.

Now this is just a possible idea for a tourney so let me know of any changes or ideas.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Idea for icefishin tourney?!?!

sounds good. as for the lake trout, do you think we could possibly makea catergoryfor char too?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:50 PM

Default RE: Idea for icefishin tourney?!?!

yah we can make a char/lake trout catergory