Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Back in first..God is awesome man!!! >

Back in first..God is awesome man!!!

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Back in first..God is awesome man!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Back in first..God is awesome man!!!

Number 18 bass today...last shiner ...drifting back to the boat..I'm still shaking ..I thought 10 pounds for sure...She's 8.4 man ..great day.
Thank you Jesus. Took me a good 2 minutes to land her.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Back in first..God is awesome man!!!

Here's the story..

Super windy day..my regular spot stunk so {Without a depth finder} I went fishing for another spot. I ended up catching 17 before thisbig girl bit. My biggest was 3 pounds..up to 12:30 today.Then about 12:30 I decided to leave. I had one 3 inch shiner left on my medium Shakespere rod and Shimano spincaster..BAM! The rod almost leaves the boat..I grab the end..and immediately I knew this was a good fish..The ole head started going sideto side like a bluecat...Then I see the white side trying to break the surface .I knew then it was a bass and over 5 pounds. I screamed for Aaron to give me the darn net.She made 3 long runs and I was very concerned..When I ended up netting her I can see why I DON"T horse them..She was only hooked by a tiny sliver of skin in the side of her mouth..Any horsing at all would have pulled the hook from her mouth. I was honestly thinking 10 pounds even after I saw her..She was FAT! I was also worried the picture wouldn't take.The camera was doing funny things.

God bless,
C7

Old 06-04-2007, 11:43 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Nice fish Chuck!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

congrats on a nice fish Chuck
Old 06-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks fellows. To be honest It's the biggest fish I've ever caught.I got an 8.2 last year...If it wasn;'t a catch and release lake I may of had her mounted..maybe..She sure was the hardest bass I've ever landed..At the last spart of the fight she aimed herself for my trolling motor...That was scary.[X(]

Old 06-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice fish chuck. Wish I could get one like that up here. I'm sure there are some here but they are very, very few and far between. Did you get any on plastics today or were you exclusively shiner fishing? Again, congrats on the beautiful fish.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Dominant Buck

yes sir,,I got one on a Carlolina Rig...that was it. I tried Rooster tail, Rapala Cranks, Little George and lots of rubber worm.The lady at the desk said they were all striking out today..that is why the shiners..
My old spot was not hot..I caught 4 there and moved on..I ended up catching one 150 yds on down ...so I drug my boat on the shore and fished from the shore..Why?? The wind was horrible.I was untangling rods all morning. I caught 10 more there real nice fish 2- 3 pounders.. Then I decided to drop my shiner down about 15 foot and driftto the dock..and go home ..another boat was watching...as I was in panic getting that fish in..She stayed green a long time.Twice I thought it was time to net her..WRONG! She'd run again...and the last time she was heading for trolling motor..I then had to trust the drag, the Palamar knot and Power Pro..plus I was praying...I ws shaking like a leaf..I was very relieved to see her going into my little Walmart net..
Thanks Gherd
Old 06-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Typical Buck

Nice fish man, Well done
Old 06-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Fantasticfish Chuck, I can tell you were excited. I am going out right now for a little while and fish, try top catch one of the big ones I saw the other night. That picture gave me the fever really bad.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

IT couldnt have happened to a better guy congrats buddy hope you get that ten your lookin or this year. I have gotta go upgrade my score only 3 oz and in 4th place[8D]

Quick Reply: Back in first..God is awesome man!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.