Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Ut oh   mini tourny this morning & bowling score >

Ut oh mini tourny this morning & bowling score

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Ut oh mini tourny this morning & bowling score

Old 05-19-2007, 03:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Ut oh mini tourny this morning & bowling score

Matt's 7 pounder has gone to his head. He's challenging me this morning.Bass must be caught on artificials. Looser pays for tomorrow's 5 games of bowling,,ooch.

We are counting the weight of our 2 largest fish this moring..got venison sausage on..gotta go,

c ya
Old 05-19-2007, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ut oh mini tourny this morning

Good luck guys have fun. Let us know the results. I'm going out this evening for a few hours. Helping my fiance with a garage sale this morning. Fun Fun.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

i was gunna go today but for some reason its all murky. and my dad is gunna take me and my friend to the chattahoochee river tomorow to go for trout
Old 05-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Cold front...

The place we fished at legs went down.Only small jon boats can get through a2 foot wide 12" deep canel. While matt was manipulating the boat I cast aBB shot weighted 6 " Gambler Christmas tree..Bam ! i set the hook andbrought a 3 3/4 pound largemoth to the bank. That was the only bass caught all morning.

I love my depth finder..found all kinds of good structure. I ended up puttin gmy 8 pound line on my spinning rod with my trusty Rooster Tail 3/8th on it. Matt had gotten bored and was sleeping.[8D]When my drag stwrted screemimg he woke up. I said," MATT! I got a big one." As the fish pulled literaaly 50 yds off the spinning reel he said," Please Dad, don;'t lose that fish." It ran 50 more yds..clean across the pit and stopped. h enearly stripped off all of my Trilene 8 pound test. I quickly turned on the trolling motor and ran after ..whatever it was....It was a 13 - 14 foot gator.[8D]
Oh , matt had some action. he was bumping a Fire and Ice Culpret when he reared back on a really nice fish. he acted like a 10 pound bass. I netted a 6 pound mudfish instead.LOL The sucker ripped my net all up too.
It was fun. I got a reservation for Fish Hook on Jume 4th...
we were at Legs today,
Gone bowling tomorrow ..and it's free.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

watd yall do with the gator?
Old 05-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Well Johnny,
We'd been watching him all morning.Actually he was one of the biggest gators I've ever seen in the wild. We also ate gator nuggets last night for dinner. Walmart sells them down here.

Anyways, I kept my line tight and stirred the boat on top of where the gator was . He was sitting on the bottom. Matts saying." Be careful Dad!", as I reeled my line down to his body. I must have stagged him by accident. When I felt him I quickly snatched my rod fast and broke my line off. While battling this thing I was thinking world record bass for sure.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

You may need a bigger boat& fish pole capt ahab?13-14 ft?[]
Dont become a gator nugget( sold at walmat there hmm?)

But seriously sounds like you have some intresting times out thereC7

Real Good times& fishing memoryswith family.

Mudfish eh? bowfins?

I went to a weird( big fish tanks of food fish)walmart in germany.It was intresing in many ways tho.
And saw a weird chinese sams club where you bought live turtles etc to make dinner with.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Probably BOwfin..you are correct..

The most frightening time was this...
In 1981 Saddle Creek had 2 adult stores close to where I fish at and one topless bar 1 mile away. Saddle Creek usedto be a pervert hang out. I was new to the area and had no idea how serious the problem was. There was a lot of hideous crimes at the time..raping small kids and women and killing them.

I was a runner then and would often fish in my nylon fishing shorts and running shoes only. I was a college student at the time .I ran daily. I would keep my rod and reel in the car .It was my first year in Florida. I drove through the park and I noticed a truck parked at a certain spot and a black man reading a newspaper. I cast my Rooster Tail spinner and caught a nice 2 pound bass.I noticed the black man staring at me. Something inside of me told me to leave..I believe that to be the Holy Spirit. ..so I obeyed.

I drove 1/2 mile through the park. I parked on the other side of a busy highway. I walked about 100 yds down a little path .I made a long cast with my Rooster Tail in this gator infested lake. I thought I saw something.Guess who is coming down towards me looking freaking sex crazy. I'm not stupid. Every rape victim is left for dead around here. I whispered GOD HELP ME! I quickly reeled in my 1/4 ounce white Rooster Tail. I let out my loudest KARATE scream and went to slashing my lure in this man's face. I totally caught him off guard. He went backwards and I took off like a bat out of HELLO

For a while after that I packed my pistol in my tackle box...I prayed daily for God to get rid of all those places. Well guess what. Two sheriffs moved into the park. Both adult places were closed. The topless joint is knocked down and gone and a sting busted 175 *****s...including my music teacher from Southeastern Bible College.It has become alot better now.Thanks be to God.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am glad you 2 had fun, and hooking a gator wow. I probaly would have had a big brown spot show up in my pants. LOL I am not accostumed to see any in the wild, let alone on a fishing rod.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:57 AM
Dominant Buck

I really didn't think I had a gator at first Phil.I;ve caught 3 ..10 footers before. ..on purpose[&:]Anyway...a gator will take off hard and after 50 feet submerge and rest for 30 seconds. They wear out really fast. Let's say I'm at the 6:00 position on a clock. I cast my Rooster at the shoreline of 3:00 Wham I feel a super heavy fish...I'm actually bringing it towards me..Feels like a nice 6 pound bass. All of a sudden I feel massive strenght and now my bass feels like a strong 12 pounder heading towards the 12 o clock position steady and hard..Then he turns and goes directly toward 9 clock...now it's feelings like a world record bass, or a50 lb channel cat. I'm wishing it would surface...Then when it just sits 3 feet off the other shoreline at 9:00 no doubt Gator..This is one of those you don't want to monkey with,His head was a good 3 foot long and very wide. Thinking back.I really should not have reached down to touch him.He could have easily flipped my 10 foot jon over. One took a bite at my friends Kyack.this year..He's afraid to go out in it anymore.

Go dbless Phil.
If your ever down here let me know, we will get some shiners and go after some hawgs,
C7

Quick Reply: Ut oh mini tourny this morning & bowling score

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.