Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Good night folks,

Old 04-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Good night folks,

I'm feeling a little sick...sick of being cramped in doors. I called in.sick.Me and Buffdmac are gone serious hawg hunting tomorrow..in our countie's top lake momentarily/ Four boat limit. Gotta have venison sausage gravy on buttermilk biscuits ready by 5:00 AM . There will be a hot pot of coffee. If your in the area stop on by. We'll leave the light on for ya.The battery is being charged as I type. I'll be pitchin and he will be casting and drifting something behind him..
God bless and stay off those bad sites,
c7

Old 04-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Good night folks,

Old 04-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

night night chucky boy, hope big momma acts right for ya'll tomorrow
Old 04-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good night Chuck, and sometime you will have to tell me how to make that sausage gravy. I only had it a few times when I am down to the southern part of the state here. Up this way they do not use it much that I am aware of, butI like it and none of the restraunts carry it.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

drift away my friend you can tell him the secret LOL but only family anyone else you tell you have to kill em after that LOL
Old 04-27-2007, 02:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Good morning MTHands ...Although this is a new lake for me .It's only about 65 acres. I plan to cover the entire thing. I thought you and your wife might stop buy so I had my wife make extra biscuits..I'll start the gravy in about 30 minutes. HEY! Me and Strut used to kid around like that ..and one day it was a reality. And man oh man...they can really whip up a breakfast...

Oneshot7...I'm a real good secret keeper.

Phil...the sausage was very simple...3-1
I used 6 pounds of ground venison with 3 pounds of cheap HOT sausage.
First I ground the venison. I then weighed it..it was 6 pounds.
Then, I simply kneaded the sausage with the venison. I alsoadded a heaping spoon of hot pepper flakes and sprinkled 1/4 cup of sage over the kneaded mixture
Next, I ran the entire mixture{Now it's 9 pounds} through the electric grinder..I cut out 4"x4" pieces of wax paper and freeze in 2 packs for me and my wife. This made 47 nice sized patties that would fit entirely on an English muffin. ..or like I'm doing this morning ...break up the patty and make sausage biscuit gravy.

So far..my best batch. and 3 large patties makes zero grease so it's still vfery healthy.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Just got back.

Another 26 bass day..Matt caught 13 and so did I.Matt caught the biggest at 3pounds/15 ounces . Rooster tail did great
Gone back tomorrow.
God bless,
C7
picture posted on tourny page.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey chuck, sounds like you had a great day out on the water with your son. I'm anxiously waiting my dad to make a trip out from WV so we can do a little fishing. He's taught me everything I know about the sport and he will always be my favorite fishing partner. I desperately miss the old days when dad and I were on the lake together every weekend. Congrats to matt on the nice fish.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Only a son keeps score of teh fish caught.[8D]Matt was 8 to my 6 bass about 9:00 ..Then, I grabbed my 3/8th ounce Rooster..The other boats were watching as I made about a 120foot cast..estimate of course.Those babies go long. Bing, SPLASH! number 7, 8, 9 ,10 and 11 silenced Matt real fast. I had 12 and one came undone. So now it's 11 - 8 ...he fished mostly with Fire and Ice Culpret...I fished equally with Rooster Tail and Gambler Christmas Tree.
During the last 5 minutes Matt nearly broke th etie. he lost a 13 incher at the boat. Then I saw a squirl aroung a tree growin gout over the pit fo rmy last effort. I whizzed on over there. Matt triedto beat me by casting which he got hung up. I admit..I laughedI quickly pitched in my worm between two branches...then he started tugging on the tree. [:@]Anyway, I felt something solid..I set the hook and I got a 15 incher dangling in the tree. By the time I reched it.....fell off..
Good game..13 -13 were going back tomorrow .
Old 04-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am glad you and your son had a great day. That's what it is all about, I took my son with me one day last week looking for trout. I caught 2 to his 0 but, we both enjoyed it. He got a little exploring in as we was walking into the trout stream.

Thank you for the recipe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.