HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   Speaking of a white spinnerbait....first 5 pounder, picture.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/189254-speaking-white-spinnerbait-first-5-pounder-picture.html)

Dairy King 04-22-2007 10:01 PM

Speaking of a white spinnerbait....first 5 pounder, picture....

Sorry for looking like hell, I had a lot to do today and I just decided to go fishing to try out my new baitsI bought last night since it was getting ready to rain, I knew tonight was going to be pretty good.

Anyway, on to the story. I got out to the towns reservoir and I walked down to the bank and was casting out on the back side of the current ofthis tree that had fell in. I was casting side arm to keep the bait down because it was windy and when I cast over head the wind took the line and ran with it. Well, anyway, I cast out and the bait went a little off to the left. So I walk down the bank to get the bait out in front of the tree so it wouldn't get hung up. I was actually just trying to get the lure back to me so I could cast again, wasn't really paying attention. Then I felt a tug and I thought "crap I got it snagged anyway" then I felt it really tug so I swept the rod back and I had him. My pole was doubled over and I could barely get him to shore because he was taking my drag out. Luckily I had a friend there to lip him, or else I wouldn't have got him to shore. It couldn't have been my 5th cast, we were only there maybe 5 minutes. I got him in the freezer, Im getting him mounted, he's my first big bass.

JFergus7 04-22-2007 10:09 PM

RE: Speaking of a white spinnerbait....first 5 pounder, picture....

Congrats!!! Be sure to post the pics after he is mounted!!

Dairy King 04-22-2007 10:15 PM

I meant to say, Im gonna go buy another spinner just like the one I caught him on and have the taxidermist use that in the mount, have it hooked right where I caught it and everything.

Chuck7 04-23-2007 01:07 AM

Nice fish Congrts,;)

goherd1111 04-23-2007 08:38 AM

Nice fish dairy. Get ready for the addiction, now you are hooked for life.

childers 04-23-2007 06:35 PM

hopefully he will but will be doing releases unless they are over 10 lbs.
what kind of spinner is that?

m.t.hands 04-24-2007 03:26 AM

good fish dairy;)

Chuck7 04-24-2007 05:10 AM

hey,
I mounted my first 5 pounder too...:)Great fish Dairy.
then I gave it away..the very next day and cast I caught a 7 and mounted it.;)You reap what you sow...LOL

My next mount must be at least a 10...

childers 04-24-2007 05:24 AM

ya i havent mounted a fish yet cuz i dont really want to unless its over 10

chiefks 04-24-2007 08:37 AM

I very serisouly dout that Dairy King is going to catch a 10 lb bass out of Illinois. Bass just don't grow that big that far north. 5 lbs is a real good bass for up north from what I understand. Congrats on the bass man!! Hope you catch some more like her.

Chief