HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Freshwater Fishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing-21/)
-   -   Speaking of a white spinnerbait....first 5 pounder, picture.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/freshwater-fishing/189254-speaking-white-spinnerbait-first-5-pounder-picture.html)

Dairy King 04-22-2007 10:01 PM

Speaking of a white spinnerbait....first 5 pounder, picture....

Sorry for looking like hell, I had a lot to do today and I just decided to go fishing to try out my new baitsI bought last night since it was getting ready to rain, I knew tonight was going to be pretty good.

Anyway, on to the story. I got out to the towns reservoir and I walked down to the bank and was casting out on the back side of the current ofthis tree that had fell in. I was casting side arm to keep the bait down because it was windy and when I cast over head the wind took the line and ran with it. Well, anyway, I cast out and the bait went a little off to the left. So I walk down the bank to get the bait out in front of the tree so it wouldn't get hung up. I was actually just trying to get the lure back to me so I could cast again, wasn't really paying attention. Then I felt a tug and I thought "crap I got it snagged anyway" then I felt it really tug so I swept the rod back and I had him. My pole was doubled over and I could barely get him to shore because he was taking my drag out. Luckily I had a friend there to lip him, or else I wouldn't have got him to shore. It couldn't have been my 5th cast, we were only there maybe 5 minutes. I got him in the freezer, Im getting him mounted, he's my first big bass.

JFergus7 04-22-2007 10:09 PM

RE: Speaking of a white spinnerbait....first 5 pounder, picture....

Congrats!!! Be sure to post the pics after he is mounted!!

Dairy King 04-22-2007 10:15 PM

I meant to say, Im gonna go buy another spinner just like the one I caught him on and have the taxidermist use that in the mount, have it hooked right where I caught it and everything.

Chuck7 04-23-2007 01:07 AM

Nice fish Congrts,;)

goherd1111 04-23-2007 08:38 AM

Nice fish dairy. Get ready for the addiction, now you are hooked for life.

childers 04-23-2007 06:35 PM

hopefully he will but will be doing releases unless they are over 10 lbs.
what kind of spinner is that?

m.t.hands 04-24-2007 03:26 AM

good fish dairy;)

Chuck7 04-24-2007 05:10 AM

hey,
I mounted my first 5 pounder too...:)Great fish Dairy.
then I gave it away..the very next day and cast I caught a 7 and mounted it.;)You reap what you sow...LOL

My next mount must be at least a 10...

childers 04-24-2007 05:24 AM

ya i havent mounted a fish yet cuz i dont really want to unless its over 10

chiefks 04-24-2007 08:37 AM

I very serisouly dout that Dairy King is going to catch a 10 lb bass out of Illinois. Bass just don't grow that big that far north. 5 lbs is a real good bass for up north from what I understand. Congrats on the bass man!! Hope you catch some more like her.

Chief

Chuck7 04-24-2007 09:02 AM

I agree. I fished religously up north for 17 years. If your parents don't fish and you ain't got no boat you may not ever get a 5 pounder. I had a real mean step dad and the only means of transportion was a bike. So my fishing was limited ot one pond and a creek for 17 years. My biggest bass was 14 " till I came I came to Florida...so I would have really cherished a 5 pounder...a hawg for sure .;)

goherd1111 04-24-2007 09:48 AM

Not to take anything away from dairy, your first 5lber is definately a trophy no matter who you are or where you're from. However,5.lbers are pretty common here in central, IL. Even 6lbers are fairly common. It's the 7-10lbs range that gets far less common in this neck of the woods. It all boils down to what chuck mentioned. What kind of water access do you have? Do you own or have access to a boat? Were you raised around the sport of fishing?Things of this nature. I am lucky, I have been raised around the sport of bass fishing. I've done it my whole life. Don't get me wrong, maybe I take it to seriously, but sometimes when I go out and don't catch a 4 or 5 pounder I come home dissapointed. By the way dairy you know I'm only 15 min. up the road from you. My offer still stands. Anytime you wanna hit the lake just let me know. I go out 3-4 times a week.

Chuck7 04-24-2007 11:49 AM

My offer still stands. Anytime you wanna hit the lake just let me know. I go out 3-4 times a week.

GOherd...

WOW! I would of loved ot have had that offer as a young man.. That's very kind of you Goherd..Wished you were in FLorida.I'd drive 100 miles to fish with ya.
c7

goherd1111 04-24-2007 03:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

WOW! I would of loved ot have had that offer as a young man.. That's very kind of you Goherd..Wished you were in FLorida.I'd drive 100 miles to fish with ya.
c7
Hey chuck, I will be in FL in August.:D;)

Chuck7 04-24-2007 05:01 PM

Hey chuck, I will be in FL in August.:D;)

Goherd.

What part of Florida ya coming to.?
Will you be bringing your boat?
If you would like we can fish out of my jon..I got plently of places.
c7

childers 04-24-2007 07:16 PM

yall are lucky to have boats i dont have anything besides waders and 2 small heavily fished ponds.

goherd1111 04-25-2007 10:42 AM

What part of Florida ya coming to.?
Will you be bringing your boat?
If you would like we can fish out of my jon..I got plently of places.
c7
I will be coming to Panama city Beach with my fiance.
Unfortunately I will not be bringing my boat. This is one vacation it stays at home. I have to keep the misses happy sometimes.LOL.
I'm not sure where you are located or how far you are from Panama City. But if its not too far I would def. consider fishing for a day.

Chuck7 04-25-2007 10:51 AM

Panama City ....your 5 hours a way..you need to investigate the salt water pier fishing.up there.Also..that area has some of the best beaches in the world..Fort Walton Beach to be exact..They have awesome fishing up there I understand.
I'm about 470 miles south of ya near Tampa Bay.
Sorry friend,

Chuck7 04-25-2007 12:19 PM

Gosh Goherd,
I ws hoping you'ld come on down and bring your boat. We could fish at Lake Okachobee with Roland Martin .He's only 100 miles south of me.:)
That lake is a serious big bass lake. I live in the same county as Bill Dance's private pits..I''d love to hook up with ole Bill Dance.

goherd1111 04-25-2007 01:29 PM

Gosh Goherd,
I ws hoping you'ld come on down and bring your boat. We could fish at Lake Okachobee with Roland Martin .He's only 100 miles south of me.:)
That lake is a serious big bass lake. I live in the same county as Bill Dance's private pits..I''d love to hook up with ole Bill Dance.
yeah Chuck, I have fished Okachobee a few times but its been probably 8-10 years ago. My dad and I use to drive down from WV every year. It was about an 18 hour drive pullin the boat. It was a blast though. We stayed at Roland Martins place one year. Maybe one of these days after I get this wedding thing over with I will be able to make it back to FL for a little fishing. When I do I will def. look you up. :D

Chuck7 04-25-2007 04:02 PM

Sounds good partner,
c7

Knightia 04-26-2007 12:53 AM

Congrats
To YouDK -/thaTS A nice looking fish .

(will makea nicemount sounds like to)