Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Speaking of a white spinnerbait....first 5 pounder, picture.... >

Speaking of a white spinnerbait....first 5 pounder, picture....

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Speaking of a white spinnerbait....first 5 pounder, picture....

Old 04-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Speaking of a white spinnerbait....first 5 pounder, picture....

I agree. I fished religously up north for 17 years. If your parents don't fish and you ain't got no boat you may not ever get a 5 pounder. I had a real mean step dad and the only means of transportion was a bike. So my fishing was limited ot one pond and a creek for 17 years. My biggest bass was 14 " till I came I came to Florida...so I would have really cherished a 5 pounder...a hawg for sure .
Old 04-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not to take anything away from dairy, your first 5lber is definately a trophy no matter who you are or where you're from. However,5.lbers are pretty common here in central, IL. Even 6lbers are fairly common. It's the 7-10lbs range that gets far less common in this neck of the woods. It all boils down to what chuck mentioned. What kind of water access do you have? Do you own or have access to a boat? Were you raised around the sport of fishing?Things of this nature. I am lucky, I have been raised around the sport of bass fishing. I've done it my whole life. Don't get me wrong, maybe I take it to seriously, but sometimes when I go out and don't catch a 4 or 5 pounder I come home dissapointed. By the way dairy you know I'm only 15 min. up the road from you. My offer still stands. Anytime you wanna hit the lake just let me know. I go out 3-4 times a week.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Dominant Buck

My offer still stands. Anytime you wanna hit the lake just let me know. I go out 3-4 times a week.

GOherd...

WOW! I would of loved ot have had that offer as a young man.. That's very kind of you Goherd..Wished you were in FLorida.I'd drive 100 miles to fish with ya.
c7
Old 04-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

WOW! I would of loved ot have had that offer as a young man.. That's very kind of you Goherd..Wished you were in FLorida.I'd drive 100 miles to fish with ya.
c7
Hey chuck, I will be in FL in August.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey chuck, I will be in FL in August.

Goherd.

What part of Florida ya coming to.?
Will you be bringing your boat?
If you would like we can fish out of my jon..I got plently of places.
c7
Old 04-24-2007, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

yall are lucky to have boats i dont have anything besides waders and 2 small heavily fished ponds.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

What part of Florida ya coming to.?
Will you be bringing your boat?
If you would like we can fish out of my jon..I got plently of places.
c7
I will be coming to Panama city Beach with my fiance.
Unfortunately I will not be bringing my boat. This is one vacation it stays at home. I have to keep the misses happy sometimes.LOL.
I'm not sure where you are located or how far you are from Panama City. But if its not too far I would def. consider fishing for a day.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Panama City ....your 5 hours a way..you need to investigate the salt water pier fishing.up there.Also..that area has some of the best beaches in the world..Fort Walton Beach to be exact..They have awesome fishing up there I understand.
I'm about 470 miles south of ya near Tampa Bay.
Sorry friend,

Old 04-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Gosh Goherd,
I ws hoping you'ld come on down and bring your boat. We could fish at Lake Okachobee with Roland Martin .He's only 100 miles south of me.
That lake is a serious big bass lake. I live in the same county as Bill Dance's private pits..I''d love to hook up with ole Bill Dance.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gosh Goherd,
I ws hoping you'ld come on down and bring your boat. We could fish at Lake Okachobee with Roland Martin .He's only 100 miles south of me.
That lake is a serious big bass lake. I live in the same county as Bill Dance's private pits..I''d love to hook up with ole Bill Dance.
yeah Chuck, I have fished Okachobee a few times but its been probably 8-10 years ago. My dad and I use to drive down from WV every year. It was about an 18 hour drive pullin the boat. It was a blast though. We stayed at Roland Martins place one year. Maybe one of these days after I get this wedding thing over with I will be able to make it back to FL for a little fishing. When I do I will def. look you up.

Quick Reply: Speaking of a white spinnerbait....first 5 pounder, picture....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.