Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Boat motor queston..

Old 04-16-2007, 05:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Boat motor queston..

Well guys,
I'm saving up for a bigger boat...

My dream..16 foot Bass Tracker with 40 HP

Question ..what's the biggest motor they make where I can pull a rope to start it..I want a very simple boat..a sturdy boat but one with low maintenance..Do they make a 25 where you pull it yourself..? WE've looked at a possibility of moving to MO. There is a job opening.{And I've got hook ups to get it I beleive}BUT .We checked the salarys..I'd be taking a 24,000 dollar pay cut. We planto stay put.. be content...and I may get a bigger boat to fish the big lakes and do some hunting / fishing swaps with some of you.
God bless,
C7
Right now your welcome to the 10 footer and fish pits but I'd like to fish Okachobee and a few other great lakes. WOuld a Bass Tracker be ok for the big lakes?

Old 04-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Boat motor queston..

Question ..what's the biggest motor they make where I can pull a rope to start it..
I did my soninlaw a favor& sold him my boat cheap not to long ago- because he asked( then he went&got rid of it- saying it was to small[>:])
It was a 16 foot deep v alum hull- 70 hp force 2 stroke etc- that we bought new in 90- it had very few hrs on it.

It came with a rope to start it- but i never tryed that method- using the batt start instead( do you have arms like popeye'?)

Hey ya never know i may come visit- im not to far from Mo at the moment.

Good luck to ya- sounds like a real good plan(except the pay cut part)- i hope it all works out for yall.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Mr. Fish,,
I'm staying in Florida for a few more years for sure.

"What's up with the hat??"LOLJosh wants to see the date in the picture with the fish when your by yourself..for obvious reasons..I could post an old picture.

God bless,
C7
Old 04-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Good luck with a move Chuck. I hope it all works out for you.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Dominant Buck

CI ...We aint going no where in 10 years.I must not of made myself clear. Sorry for the misundrstanding.WE thought about MO but the teacher's salarys are horrible.
c7
Old 04-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Chuck, I am glad to hear you are staying put old buddy. Funny how low teacher salaries are in the deep south. My youngest daughter was a recent graduate from UVM and got her elementary education degree. Lots of movement in the higher grades but elementary schools in VT generally don't have much turnover. Any positions that did become available were given to teachers with more experience. It was a catch 22 so to speak. She decided to bite the bullet and got a job in New Orleans and taught in an inner cityelementary school. She survived the first year, certainly got lots of experience and signed up for her second year. Theschool year started and then Katrina hit and all that changed. She lost most of her stuff and had to move back home for a couple of weeks to see what was going to happen. It became clear that there wouldn't be a job for a while in NOLA so she did some research and got hired over the phone to a publicschool in Fairfax County Virginia. She moved down there, got an apartment and completed the school year and is presently doing her second year there and loves it. The pay was substantially higher and since she lives so close to DC has all the benefits of being close to the museums, monumentetc.She was quite disillusioned about her profession while working in New Orleans. She loved living there but the school system was so corrupt that teachers weren't given the recourses to do the job. Nothing like that in Virginia. In New Orleans she had to go to Wal Mart and buy toilet paper for her kids to use because the administration would only give them 1 roll per class per week and there wasn't any in the bathrooms because the kids would steal it or throw it in the toilets. She signed a contract that limited her to a class size of 20 kids but often had around 30 without any aids or help. When she set up her class before the first year she went out and bought all kinds of paper, pencils, crayons and kiddy scissors for each child in the class. After the first couple of days all the supplies were missing and many of the kids stole them and took them home. Someone even went into her desk and took her pocketbook. Life in that school was difficult and she didn't feel that she was making much of a difference. Katrina hit and she left and life is nothing like that at her new school. They gave her a laptop computer,a digital camera and a full time assistant for her use while teaching there. Big difference between that and having to buy supplies so the kids have something to use at school. She now loves her profession and plans to stay there at least a couple more years. Big transition for a little girl from Northern Vermont.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Dominant Buck

CI

Florida pays good money ..Missouri pays terrible..
Missouri starts at 21,000

Florida begins about 36,000 I'm on my 21 st year.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Good reason to stay put.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Dominant Buck

She survived the first year,That must have been tough.certainly got lots of experience and signed up for her second year. Theschool year started and then Katrina hit and all that changed. She lost most of her stuff and had to move back home for a couple of weeks to see what was going to happen.Sorry to hear that.It became clear that there wouldn't be a job for a while in NOLA so she did some research and got hired over the phone NEAT!!to a publicschool in Fairfax County Virginia. She moved down there, got an apartment and completed the school year and is presently doing her second year there and loves it. Glad to hear that..usedto live there.The pay was substantially higher and since she lives so close to DC has all the benefits of being close to the museums, monumentetc.I was in the Honor Guard there and I loved it..during Carter's reign.LOLShe was quite disillusioned about her profession while working in New Orleans. She loved living there but the school system was so corrupt that teachers weren't given the recourses to do the job. I can understand that..Nothing like that in Virginia. In New Orleans she had to go to Wal Mart and buy toilet paper for her kids to use because the administration would only give them 1 roll per class per week and there wasn't any in the bathrooms because the kids would steal it or throw it in the toilets.That is terrible..I spend about 50.00 a month on my students here.It's part of teaching..Mechanics buy tools..teachers buy what ever it takes to get them ot achieve.She signed a contract that limited her to a class size of 20 kids but often had around 30 without any aids or help.LOL yeah same here..principals don't honor contracts.When she set up her class before the first year she went out and bought all kinds of paper, pencils, crayons and kiddy scissors for each child in the class. After the first couple of days all the supplies were missing and many of the kids stole them and took them home. Someone even went into her desk and took her pocketbook. Life in that school was difficult and she didn't feel that she was making much of a difference. Katrina hit and she left and life is nothing like that at her new school. They gave her a laptop computer,a digital camera and a full time assistant for her use while teaching there. Big difference between that and having to buy supplies so the kids have something to use at school. She now loves her profession and plans to stay there at least a couple more years. Big transition for a little girl from Northern Vermont.
Florida is not that bad. Sorry to hear of her bad expereince. My principal likes me and takes care of me..He's a bow hunter.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Question ..what's the biggest motor they make where I can pull a rope to start it.
chuck, i have pull started a 175 before, me and a buddy were fish some rocks and the wind really got up, so much that the trolling motor wouldn't keep us off of them, he told me to start the motor and "get us off the rocks" go to crank the motor and nothing, while he is trying to hold us off the rocks with a paddle i took the cowling off the motor, and kinda laughed when i saw the wound up rope in the cowling, he just said "i've never done it but were gonna have to try it, well the first pull almost put me in the drink when the motor "kicked back" the second pull the old rude 175 fired right off (note to self: always make sure key is in the "on" positionwhen pull starting) and we made it to safety, sort of anyway, when we got back to my buddys house, he just drove right on by, the misses was out front and she was not happy[:@][&o], come to find out there were tornado warnings for the area we were fishing, all i know is the fish sure were biting good[:-][:@]

chuck, on the bigger luminum boats, there great, if it wasn't for trying to fish a few tournamnets we'd have a smaller lighter luminum rig also, you can pull them with anything, ideal for small waters, and catch fish cause most people spend less time runnin all over the lake, and more time actually fishini had a basstraker tournament tx17 and it was a great boat, wish i still had it, when i moved to texas i sold it to an old man, he said he'd sell it back to me for 1500 more than i sold it to himwe are big buddies (he will be 77 this month), and i'll probably get it when he passes anyway and we both love to "pick at each other, i also gave him all of my beagles when i moved to texas, thats where we met anyway rabbit hunting. i have recently bought a bass traker III with a (new)50hp mercury, i bought it for our oldest boy (and my grandson), i was at a gararge sell and asked the folks if they were intereseted in selling it and well lets just say i have anuter boat[:-][&:], i/we are having to re-do it though, i'll post some pics in the next day or so, but i have already told him its his boat, but there are some deals out there just gotta keep your i's opened, i also let another deal get away from me (16' flat bottom w/25hp with a trailer for 750) i really wanted it fro smaller ponds, but i sandbagged tooo long and missed out[&o], but i need another boat like i need a hole in the head[&:][&:][&:][&:]

Quick Reply: Boat motor queston..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.