Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Lake Champlain Ice Fishing >

Lake Champlain Ice Fishing

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Lake Champlain Ice Fishing

Old 04-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Spike

Default Lake Champlain Ice Fishing

Any of you guys ever been up to lake champlain fishing???? You should try it some winter, it can be a lot of fun especially in the end of Feb. beginning of march. Go for Northerns in the shallows. We caught more that 5 fish just like this in a half day!!!

Old 04-05-2007, 04:54 PM

Default RE: Lake Champlain Ice Fishing

Those are some awesome lookin Jacks you got there congrats.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Spike

thanks...it was a ball pulling those babies on on the tip ups!! Cant wait till next spring
Old 04-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

great fish
Old 04-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Nice fish and great pictures AJ. Lake Champlain is a real gem and offers something for everyone.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:51 PM

Yes!!! They're very nice sized northern pike and I've gotten them that size also. But when I go further north like into Quebec I've gotten them a bit bigger and I wish someday I could get 1 mounted along with a muskie also.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Spike

ACE, have you ever caught a musky in champlain....Ive heard and seen pictures but never caught one...they are few and far between!
Old 04-07-2007, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those are some nice pike, AJ...Also EXCELLENT eating if you know how to remove the y-bones from the filets...

I've lived in upstate NY all my life ( Finger Lakes Region) and never even SEEN Lake Champlain...Just never got up around that part of the state.... I understand it is an excellent, diverse fishery...I'll have to make it a point to get over there and fish before I die...
Old 04-07-2007, 05:14 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: ajsoma

ACE, have you ever caught a musky in champlain....Ive heard and seen pictures but never caught one...they are few and far between!
I have lived and fished here all my life and never even seen a musky much less caught one. They are here but not in great numbers. F&W is looking at establishing a fishery for them but I think they have a long way to go.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have lived and fished here all my life and never even seen a musky much less caught one. They are here but not in great numbers. F&W is looking at establishing a fishery for them but I think they have a long way to go.
I find it hard to understand that if muskies are there, why they do not populate? Here in Northern Maine someone had let a few go and now they are getting out of control in a few places. They were wrongfully let lose in the upper St. John River and started working their way into lakes and streams in the area. This past year a state record was caught out of a lake up there. That creates a problem for some of our best cold water fisheries up in that area. Perhaps the pike may keep the numbers down up there in your area,I do not know.

Quick Reply: Lake Champlain Ice Fishing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.