Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

march fishing

Old 03-17-2007, 02:46 PM

Default march fishing

has any one tried fishing this spring yet,if so howed u do?and what did u use and catch?
Old 03-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: march fishing

The lake that I fish is still frozen. It is soft along the shore so I can't get out to the thick stuff. I did start my boat today and let it run for awhile. I will have it in the water in 2 weeks.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Dominant Buck

I've gone 3 times for bass. Biggest was 4 1/2 pounds ..he is posted. Turkey season got me side tracked. My spring break starts this Sat. ..I'll be getting real serious then...plan ot fish everyday. Turkey hunting is a 70 mile drive..bass fishing is a 5 mile drive.Also, for us lunar fishermen..next weekend should be hot. The last weekend before the full moon I hit them real good. They should b espawning real good next weekend.

The crappie fishermen are still tearing them up as well as Sunshine bass..a striped and white bass hybred.

Canepole fishermen are tearing up the red earred sunfish {Shellcrackers } around the shorelines.

Castnetters are cleaning up on tilapia in our local shallow lakes.

Hows that?
Old 03-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Been out once for steelhead with the fly rod. Nothing yet. Will go out with spawn this week but even the bait fishermen are having trouble. Our water is really high right now.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

no bass landed only hooked. caught a speckled catfish. a big bream and a couple small bream. and i have done about 20 hrs of fishing within about 1 week or so
Old 03-17-2007, 08:47 PM

Well im still ice fishing but managed to get out to a lake im not very fond of but all my good ones are closed due to spawning but i was able to hook 5 lake whitefish all about 18" in total between 6 of us we managed to hook 3 pike, one of which was 37.5" 16lbs, 2 burbot, and about 25 whities so not bad but i cant wait untill my lakes open back up.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

We still have over 2 feet of ice up here right now,?? Not sure how it is today though as we had a foot of snow and then a whole lot of rain and it washed that foot away plus alot more. My drive way looks like a big rut right now as it washed out last night. It is 170 feet long so I am not sure how the back roads are to even get to the lake I like to fish. I will take a ride up tommorrow though and see how much water is setting on the ice.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I fished Seneca lake last week with bucktail jigs for pike..Slow day..Caught one northern about 3-4 lb. and a pickerel...Quite a few boats were anchored fishing for yellow perch, but I did not try for them...The pike season ended March 15 and will reopen in May..

It's bitter cold right now, but later this week I plan to make a trip to Keuka Lake ( open water) to fish for lake trout... We vertical jig for the lakers in 80-100 feet of water using various jigging lures such as Hopkins spoons, Swedish pimples, Buckshot rattle spoons and diamond jigs... Season for lakers, browns, rainbows and landlocks is open year round in the Finger Lakes , although you can't fish the Finger Lakes tribs until April 1...

As soon as the streams are fishable, there should be good steelhead fishing in the Lake Erie and Lake Ontario tributaries, and the general trout season opens April 1, opening up many local creeks and rivers that have been closed to trout fishing since last fall...

The smaller lakes and ponds are still iced over, but as soon as the ice melts, there will be good fishing in them for all kinds of panfish, including crappies, perch, bluegills and bullheads...
Old 03-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last week temps were upper 60 - low 70's.Cold rainy front was movin in Friday.Sooo - Thurs afternoon I went out.Tore up everything with fins!
7-8 bass.Alot of nice crappie,1 nice Yellow Perch.Darn Pickerel took 2 of my best spring Lures[:@] (both Rapala's).Not a bad day for Mid March.

Front started movin in about 5pm.Didn't get a chance to hit 2 of my favorite spots for larger Bass and Big Pickerel.Temps just starting to get back into 50's.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Dominant Buck

I fished Seneca lake last week with bucktail jigs for pike
Pygmy

LOL My wife is from that area..Small world. She graduated from Eisenhower College.

Quick Reply: march fishing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.