Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

any one trout fish

Old 02-21-2007, 06:29 PM

Default any one trout fish

i cant wait for trout season any one fish Pa and Nj. i love fighting them on 2lb and show every one up at the stream man you got to love the looks [8D]
Old 02-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: any one trout fish

Yessir, I love trout fishing. It sure is a blast.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:45 PM

my favorite fish to fish for, i cant wait for some open water to throw panther martin into that hole and pool out that 25" bull.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

i do
Old 02-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

Yep, I love trout season, but I usually dont go the first couple days because its impossible to find a place topark and a hastle dealing with 100's of people fishing one stream.

PaBowhunter29, just an FYI, the fish commission is supposed to be stalking "less, but bigger trout" this year. Im curious to see how much of an effect it will actually have on the fishing compared to previous years.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup....prefer Brookies and Lakers.....but any trout is good
Old 02-21-2007, 10:16 PM

Yep, I love trout season, but I usually dont go the first couple days because its impossible to find a place to park and a hastle dealing with 100's of people fishing one stream.
That must suck. I know up here the main rivers and lakes are fished heavily but i tend to stick to the creeks, they are the hidden gems that people tend to just overlook, and therefore there tends to be awesome fishing and big fish as well.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

I love trout fishing early in the season out in the rips before those darn blackflies come out. After that it is taking the canoe out to some of our small ponds and lakes for them. Sometimes taking the canoe down through a small beaver flowage with a fly rod in hand. They sure are fun to catch on a fly rod.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

i love trout fishing...

and thats true PA is stocking 30% bigger fish this year(so they say..) but 30% less. they have the capacity to raise so many pounds of trout a year...anglers all said they wanted bigger trout even if that meant less. i dont remember being asked? lol...but they said average of 11 inches and more than the usual few trophy trout..so we will see. hopefully it makes the weekend warriors mad and they give up fishing!

i didnt even fish the opener last year. dad had to work so i was on my own for the first time. we usually go north to the mountains. i decided to stay home and try fishing local sewer creeks that dry up by june..drove by at 7am and the place was elbow to elbow...phone rang..my exhaust system was in at the part shop...i went home and worked on the exhaust all day. this year i got a plan to hike into a remote spot of a stocked stream..probably 2-3 miles but i should have a big ole section of water to myself..then ill fish for wild brown trout on the hike out!
Old 02-22-2007, 11:19 AM

Hell Yea. Sureisaniceskimask, RustyS, and I are big trout anglers. Here in N Georgia, there are countless stocked streams, trophy streams, and trout lakes. I will definatly go opening day. Our average stocker is about 8"-10", but they get huge in Georgia, I have caught a few >18" in our stocked streams. The further you hike off trail, the better and bigger they get. They started stocking browns last year, but I have yet to see one. They were a native trout in GA, before they were all fished out. It is like getting a banded duck when you catch a native brown trout in GA. We will slowly see more of them. All we catch is rainbows, but they are plentiful!!!
I have a GC to Bass Pro, and its all going to trout gear. I cant wait for the end of March. We will be posting beaucoup pics of our limits.

Quick Reply: any one trout fish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.