Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Attention MTHands

Old 02-17-2007, 02:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Attention MTHands

Hey Keith,
I've sent you a PM and I got no response so I'm going public.
I've got 2 1/2 months off this summer. I want to go fishing with ya some time this year. Do ya think we could work something out?

c7
Old 02-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Attention MTHands

we could sure try, i just checked my pm box, i got the pm but i am not getting my pop up that tells me i have a pm, i really think i still have some puter issues here at the house[:@], or my internet explorer is flaking out[&:]
Old 02-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Dominant Buck

I tried calling you,,If your not busy give me a call brother..I just sent you 2 numbers..Don't sweat the fishing..I'm very easy and plan to pay for any expenses. I can stay at the closest motel. You'll have no trouble or offense from me. I don't mind fishing from the back of the boat either..I'm real easy. I'd love to pitch and flip with ya all day. It doesn't matter if we don't get one bite. I just enjoy fishing.
C7
Old 02-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

he he he, the closest motel is 20 miles away, my wife and would not hear of you not staying with us, we have a spare bedroom (we finally run all the kids off), we eat everyday, you can eat with us, just say when, but i will tell you this just for your own info, the earlier, may or june time frame is best, july and august we can still catch em, but it'll be deep water cranking[:@], and we have to rely tva to generate power and move some water, for a decent bite, the only thing you got to do is get here and buy a 3 or 5 day trip licsense 15-25$i think

i will try and let you know what my tournament schedule for the summer is in the next day or two and we can get it worked out, bring it on the fish are hungry
Old 02-19-2007, 02:26 AM
Dominant Buck

I just checked. Our last day is May 24th. We don't go back till August 20th....

Maybe we can make it in late May. That would be wonderful. What kind of species would be biting in your area at that time ? For us down her...our bass will be just slowing down. Our bluegill are in full swing then and maybe some shell crakers if you can find them in deep water.

We have a spare bedroom too. Matt moved out last month. His apartment doesn't have a washer so he comes here every Sunday to wash his clothes and eat dinner. We enjoy his company .WE play cards. Lyn's mom comes too. On Sat. we bowl in the afernoon. We are actually closer to our son after he moved out.

Andrew is getting restationed in June. He's going to Fort Knox , Kentucky.
He will be working in an armory to issus out military rifles.

Well, I'm going fishing later today.

Happy Presidents' Day.
c7

Old 02-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

chuck the bass fishing still has the potential to be good to great, my wife and i fished a tournament 2 years ago the second W/E in june and had 5 that went right @ 20#, we had a really good day early on top, then we got into a school of better fish and ended up culling 3.5#er's all the fish were around 4# none were real monsters, i did lose one that may have gone in the 7 pound range, you just never really know, another thing is if its a hot summer, for the better bass fishing you have to have current and get out and fish the old underwater riverledges and deep water humps and that is dependant on tva generating power and moving some water[:@], which on W/E's is very sporatic at best, but i assure you we'll catch some fish

i have a tournament the W/E of 5/26down on eufaula but the W/E after that would be good, if you could swing it to be here early thur. may 31 would could fish that whole W/E, might even find a little wildcat t to fish
Old 02-20-2007, 03:28 AM
Spike

I appreciate you brain storming brother..Right now I'm not sure about the dates. Andy is coming home on leave early Jume.He is being transferred to Fort Knox. If it never pans out I certainly do loveyour intent.. ...andI hope it pans out.Remember, the fish do not have to be biting . My primary thing was to meet you and have fellowship. There are many varibles in fuishing..
fronts,
temperature
fishing pressure.
lure presentation
act of God.
Have awonderful day Keith,
Buffdmac

Old 02-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Chuck, either you or Mt are welcome to try for some smallies here on Champlain. Lots of room at the house and fish to be caught right off the dock or in a boat. Nothing like a small mouth on light tackle for a thrill. Heck it is only a couple of inches from Florida to Vermont on the map.LOL
Old 02-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

CI, i really would like to make that trip one of these days, if the smallie fishing is half of what i have heard i couldn't imagine it, thanks for the offer, i may just take you up on it one of these days

likewise if you ever get the itch to come to guntersville and catch some green fish give me a shout, 9-10 months out of the year the fishing is good to great, even when ya'lls water gets hard
Old 02-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Dominant Buck

That is very kind of you. ..The same with you fellow if your ever in Florida...can't promice anything but your always welcome and I 'll do my best to make ya happy. The bass are here but they are pretty darn smart.
C7