Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Anybody

Old 01-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default Anybody

anybody know where are any fishing tournaments in or near Minnesota I know that there is one in Brainerd and one in Somerset, Wisconsin
Old 01-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anybody

check on www.wmi.org
Old 01-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go to your local bait shop there is usually a bulletin board with pictures and events
Old 01-13-2007, 07:20 PM

I heard about the one in Somerset wisconsin its about 50 miles from me I picked up some good information from the St.Paul Sportsmans show. The grand prize is brand new f-150 and they have prizes ranging from 100 to 700 dollars all the way down to 5th place. I have feelings that it might be canceled due to poor ice. Also last years grand prize winner had to catch was a 2lb northern. I have some serious doubts about fishing on this lake. 30 dollars per hole is the entrance fee for adults and 15 dollars for kids 15 or younger. The prizes for the kids division are not as good with the grand prize being a Playstation 3.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Typical Buck

there are two i know of for sure, there is a tournament on pelican lake, the site for that is http://www.wiicefishing.com/, and the other one i heard about was the one in brainerd that you mentioned. I fish right around pelican lake all winter, dont usually venture out there because we never have any luck on that lake, ice or open water fishing. As you can see from the results from the tournament last year, the winning fish was a perch, as was every other fish that won a prize. hope this helps.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:52 AM
Typical Buck

That one on pelican lake looks like a really long drive for really bad fishing how can somebody win 25,000 dollars for catching a little perch.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

how can somebody win 25,000 dollars for catching a little perch.
if its a tournament somebodys gonna win, the conditions have nothing to do with it since its the same for everybody, the person with the most or biggest wins, but one thing is for sure if you don't enter or fish you won't win
Old 01-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

I just wonder why there aren't more fishing tournaments around I mean everybody fishes. It's good business for wherever its going to be. Maybe I should try to convince the resort on my lake to hold one. I think I'd have a pretty good chance seeing as I've fished it my whole life.I just don't want to spend all kinds of money on the trip and getting a license and entering a tournament if there isn't any fish there.