Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 I say we hold a Fall Fishing Tourney >

I say we hold a Fall Fishing Tourney

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

I say we hold a Fall Fishing Tourney

Old 08-28-2006, 08:43 PM

Default I say we hold a Fall Fishing Tourney

I know fishin isnt so hot in the fall and winter but the fish have to eat so lets start one and end it around February. Whos up for it?
Old 08-28-2006, 09:51 PM

Default RE: I say we hold a Fall Fishing Tourney

More info please, who what where when how?
Old 08-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me too!! Fall early winter is peak time for some species round here. Will it be species specific or best fish in each species. More info please.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

alright deadeye, we'd have to add a few rules like you can't fish fork, ray roberts, richland chambers, rayburn, however you could fish lewisville, and fish for that toad KVD caught a few years ago, i have been busy all summer but i am planning on hitting the water hard, in the next weeks and months, seeing how my deer hunting is going to primarily be public land, and tag along with some friends, but i plan on fishing thru the winter, actually jan. feb are our best months for big fish, and the fall fishing can be spectacular

i'd be interested

keith

oh yea!!!! welcome to the sight thrif, check out the other forums if you hunt or shoot or whatever lot of good folks here
Old 08-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Dominant Buck

If someone starts it I'll sign up. [8D]HOld on...I think I may have a bite right now,

Old 08-29-2006, 09:58 AM

Well for those who dont know how this tourney usually works (please correct me and help me out veterans, u know who u are), it is an online tournament played right here on the huntingnet.com freshwater fishing forum. Scoring is probably going to be based on species specific requirements due to the differing locations of ppl in the tourney. The way you score points for your team is by sending in a picture of yourself and the fish along with details on size, weight, etc. I hope we can work this out im going to need help id be happy to set it all up but im not sure on how i should. Chuck7, I know you set up the last one if you could help me out with some details on setting up thethreadid appreciate it. Please send in any comments you have that would help out.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in if I can fish Choke Canyon
Old 08-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Chuck7 is a nobody here. You will need to befriend a moderator to help you put your sign in at the top. Just PM one and ask nicely. Taz is a good one to ask, He can be found on the political form,
c7
I would like to suggest a crappie contest for the winter months, and the ruler must be visable in the picture.[8D]
Old 08-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Crappie is about a 4hr drive for me. Why not have a winner for several different species. Once the ice comes in its hard to find many species up here in the north. Carp and catfish can be caught but its a rarity..... bass too. Walleye and pike can be caught mostly at the beginning of the ice season and then in march. Jan/Feb is pretty hard fishing round here, especially for the big ones.
1. Crappie
2. Walleye/sauger
3. LM Bass
4. SM Bass
5. N. Pike
whatever else

Old 08-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

i say we start a striper tourney in with thiose as well

Quick Reply: I say we hold a Fall Fishing Tourney

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.