Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

What type of line?

Old 04-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What type of line?

I'm going on a fishing trip in June and was wondering what type of line you would reccomend? The guy I'm going with says the lake is all rock bottom sohe recommened meputting new string on mypoles. We will be fishing for stripers, smallmouth,and largemouth during the day, andcatfish at night.I have always usedOriginal Stren10-17lbs. test. around here for my cats that I chase after.

I was thinking about switching to Stren DuraTuf in 14 or 17 lbs. test.The guy taking meuses Spiderwire in 17 lbs. test. I have never tried this before, but it seems like it's pretty durable. I tried out the Cajun line and hated the way it casts.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What type of line?

What type of reel ? Spinning or Baitcaster
Old 04-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

go with flurocarbon
Old 04-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Dominant Buck

I tried out the Cajun line and hated the way it casts.

That's why I was asking what type of reel. Some line works great on a baitcaster and horrible for a spinning.
On a baitcaster I tried Stren Super Braid and love it.
For an openface spin caster. I'm a trilene man. Green line is great
Old 04-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Dominant Buck

I use mostly berkely XL type line for both bait casters and spinning rods because it is good and strong and has low memory. The spinning rods are rigged with 4, 6, and 8 pound test. The bait casters have 10, 12, 14 and 17 pound test. I usually keep around 10 rods all rigged with different lures in my bass boat.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

if it is clear water i would go with 20 lb vanish and if it is a murky lake i love power pro in the 30 lb just if you get hung up pull th rod to you so it wont break the rod
Old 04-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

for largemouth and smallmouth i would use 10-12 pound test in the stren duratuf since you like stren, and might as well use what you like.

for the cats i would use around 15-17 pound test.....if you have two different polls i would put power pro just cause its tuff as anything and if you are messing with some big cats (15-20 pounds) i would want something thats not gonna break off. if you are just using one poll put then put 12 on in that duratuff.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck7- I have 1 baitcaster and I will probably take1 or 2spinning reels for catfish and then another spinning reel for bass.

Also the water is very clear in the lake, so that might play in a little. I'm not to used to fishing in clear water, as all the creeks and rivers I fish around my house are all pretty muddy.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

if the water is clear i would try vanish florocarbon on your bass outfits......same pound test

catifish i would stick with the stren
Old 04-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

deff vanish the stuff is almost invisible out of the water and last a long time i have had it on one reel for three years now and it is still good as new

Quick Reply: What type of line?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.