Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 What is your favorite crappie jig. >

What is your favorite crappie jig.

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

What is your favorite crappie jig.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:55 PM

Default RE: What is your favorite crappie jig.

u all wanna catch alot of fish.use a 1/8 oz white rostertail.catches anything from rockfish to bluegils.i do my fishing in maryland
Old 01-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Dominant Buck

A friend of mine and myself caught 50 crappie today drifting minnows. I did catch a nice 3lb. bass on a 1/4 ounce silver and red Rooster tail. First cast...I thought I was hung up.
Chuck7
Old 01-31-2006, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've always used live bait..... until last year!
I found that the white Perch absolutely hammer a 1/16 oz. leadhead jig with a black, and chartruse tube! The glitter ones seem to work best, red and chartruse, worked good too! I won't be drowning many minnows since finding these jigs! With this warm Tx. winter, the spring fling should start early!
Old 02-01-2006, 03:40 AM
Dominant Buck

My favorite is the Hal Fly. I tried down loading a piture of one from Bass Pro and Cabelas but they don't sell them. Two Sat. ago I caught about 20 on this particuliar one. My favorite color by the way. They cost 79 cents here.My best results is ..while my bobber poles are cast out and I'm drifting I slowly /lightly bounce it off the bottom. right at the bow of the boat.

Old 02-02-2006, 09:22 AM

When me and the guy I do most of my fishing with go out, we start with 2 poles each(per law), rigged just a little bit different. One will have a minnow on a plain hook, one with a painted head, and two different colors of soft plastics. we go untill we see what the fish want at that time, and ussually switch most or all poles to that. nine times out of ten we end up with a minnow on different kinds of heads, bobbers with 2-5 feet of line, busting bank brush piles.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Something else I did to score pretty good. I hooked a bobber with a 8 foot line to a speck{Crappie} In 20 minutes I began casting by the bobber and did quite well.
Chuck7
Old 02-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use a roostertail, on my personal bass and croppie filled pondi have caught about everysingle crappie on a roostertail.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Dominant Buck

I do best on old paper mouth with vertical jigging with a 1/64 oz or 1/32 oz lead head rigged on a 1 1/2 inch red and white tube. Red body with white tentacles. Killer around bridge abutments and similar structure.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

My best yet crappie jigs are 2 inch chartruese and pepper ribbon tail grub on a 1/16th oz white jighead or 2 inch white ribbon tail grub on a 1/16th oz pink jighead. usually fishing crappie you are gonna be in heavy cover or fallen trees so I like to find jigheads with brass hooks rather then the bronze hooks, because the brass hooks will pull straight if you get hung up that way you get your lure back and just bend the hook back into position with your pliers. the bronze hooks are too rigid and you end up losing tomany lures. My last year in missouri I used those two color combinations of jigs and 2 days in a row I caught my limit of 15 fish in just a matter of a couple hours each day. Those jigs have also worked good in the past but for those particular 2 days they worked phenominally well. good luck