Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Zebco 33's

Old 08-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default Zebco 33's

How many of you use them. I've used them for years and have caught a lot of bass with them. Only thing I don't like is you can't use over 10lb. test on them or they start messing up. I bought a new Rhino spincast reel this year its also made by zebco. It came spooled with 12LB. test I have used it since spring and like it very much. Real smooth for a spincast and cast a long way with a senko on it. For $25 dollars it is well worth it.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Zebco 33's

I used the 33s all my life to I got older. The new ones are awesome for a while then they dont cast that good.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:27 AM
Fork Horn

biscuit eater,
Have you seen the new Zebco Omega Z03 (Pro Spincast) they have out yet? I picked one up in June & love it! I had used spinning gear for years, I tried bait-casters but didn't like them. I just got SICK of the line twist & "birds-nest" I was getting w/spinning gear. I even tried the high dollar reels (with all different types of line) that were supposed to eliminate line twist, they twist line too! So, I saw Zebco was advertising the new Omega & thought I would give it a try, It's AWESOME.. It cast & reel's like a dream (6 ball bearings) I have it on a Berkley Professional Series Lightning Rod 6' 6" Medium Casting w/10LB P-Line Floroclear line.

Some people think "Zebco reel's are for kids & beginners!" or "Zebco reel's are cheap!" I can tell you, this is NO "cheap kids reel!" It is VERY well built & will last for years.. it runs $49.99 & is worth every penny. I have let a couple of friends (bait caster fans) cast it a couple times & they were very impressed w/it. They said "that's nothing like the old Zebco's I remember.. that sucker is nice!" lol My dad went a picked one up after using mine a couple of times. I have used mine for an hour plus each day sense June 7 & have had ZERO problems with it.
Later, Phil B.

Old 08-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

SniperP1 I had not heard of the Omega pro model. I'm sure with the improvements they made with the Rhino the Omega would be a quality reel. Like you I've tried other types of reels but seem to be working on them to much. I've fished with my rhino alot this year with zero problems.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Back in the 60s the Zebco were a hot item. Since I am expecting a monster bass every time I fish I don't want to take any chances. I'm still fishing Zebco ........Zebco Quantum Baitcasters.
Chuck