Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Finished decent in a tourney today >

Finished decent in a tourney today

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Finished decent in a tourney today

Old 07-31-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Finished decent in a tourney today

Just got home from a Bass World Sports tourney today in Lansing, IA, Mississippi River.started off great, and my partner had 3 fish weighing about 6 1/2 lbs in the boat before 9 o clock on these new frog things ISG sent us. It got slow, and about 10 am, we lost trolling motor power. After that, i landed a 3 lb smallmouth on a lipless Frenzy crankbait, barely hooking him. I played him out for 5 mins before my partner cradled him and tossed him into the boat. without a trolling motor, we fished chunk rock on the main river channel, but had to quit because we were damn near getting sunk by huge cabin cruisers throwing massive wakes(the darn things belong on the great lakes). We ended the day with 4 fish weighing 9.34 lbs. We don't know how we finished exactly yet, but it's in the top 10 of 29 teams. The winner had like 14.65 lbs, he's a professional that lives just down the road from me. a couple guys in the 12's and 11's, and then us. We beat out a few teams that limited out with 5 fish. We got the next tourney next Sunday, but theres an Everstart 4 day tourney this week plus a club tourney from the Quad Cities coming up. Gonna be extremely tough, but we're gonna give it all we got. Pretty pleased with today, but we coulda had that 5th kicker fish(my partner missed two on a frog and i had one get off on a tube).