Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Fishing Gear
Repairing Rod Tips Please Help >

Repairing Rod Tips Please Help

Community
Fishing Gear Besides scouting and collecting sheds we need something to keep us occupied in the off season.

Repairing Rod Tips Please Help

Old 06-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Spike

Default Repairing Rod Tips Please Help

I hada couple broken rod tips ive been trying to fix and found i cant do it myself. I ordered the tips and glue from cabelas but it diddnt last long. Is there anywhere i can bring my rods to be repaired?
Old 06-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Dominant Buck

I just got done fixing 2 rods...to me they are easy so let me go through the steps on how I do it..

A. Go to Walmart and buy the cheapest tip kit ..it will come with 3 different sizes.3.00 by Berkley { -;

B.If the tips don't fit ,carefully take a pair of wire cutters and snip off no more than 1/8 inch at a time until you find a tip that fits snuggly.
C. With a lighter, heat up the plastic sealent that comes with the 3.00 tip kit.
D. When melted hot, spin rod tip in the hot plastic...
E. Put the tip on the rod and line up carefully..

Let cool..and I've never had one come off. Hope this helps ...repaired 2 this summer already.

Last edited by Chuck7; 06-19-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

I myself fix my rod tip ,i went to wal-mart bought the tip then came home found what tip work.I to had to snip off the tip till i founf one that fit then i just took super glue put inside the tip then put it on the rod never had a problem with it again .