Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Fishing Gear
Looking for a Bait Tank for sale >

Looking for a Bait Tank for sale

Community
Fishing Gear Besides scouting and collecting sheds we need something to keep us occupied in the off season.

Looking for a Bait Tank for sale

Old 05-26-2010, 04:19 AM
Spike

Default Looking for a Bait Tank for sale

I was looking for a used insulated bait tank for sale. I was looking for a 20 or 30 gallon possibly. Thanks
Old 12-27-2010, 01:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can show you how to make a pretty neat one out of a 25 gallon plastic barrel .What I use for live shad.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Swampdog
I can show you how to make a pretty neat one out of a 25 gallon plastic barrel .What I use for live shad.
Can you show me how?
I have wanted to make one, so I won't have to drive almost 100 miles to get minnows.
Thank You.

jrbsr

><)))’>
Old 04-13-2011, 01:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jsbr,Sorry it took me so long to post. I will get the details written up and show some pics of mine.The cool factor is that depending on how high the side of your boat is ( can recirculate existing water or have constant flow from lake or river that you are in while in boat ) the overflow can be made to a specific boat.all you need is a bilge pump, ( mine is a 750 g.p.h. rocks on with the water) 25 gallon plastic barrel, some pvc or cpvc pipe,couple of valves .few fittings. small piece of plywood, and some hinge handle hardware.I make mine portableand use insulation to keep them shad critters alive pretty tough bait fish to keep alive.Did you know you can't keep shad alive in a square cooler? They are always moving and beat their nose up in the corners and it kills them.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

We use old chest type deep freezers here and put airrators in them.. They will help keep the water cold but also you will need to change the water periodically..