Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Taurus 22LR Handguns?

Old 05-03-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Taurus 22LR Handguns?

I’m looking at purchasing a double action 22LR revolver. I’m looking for something moderately priced. I’ve narrowed it down to either the Taurus M94 5” or the M970 Tracker 6”. Anyone have any experience with either of these, or maybe some other models that might be better?
Thanks
Old 05-03-2005, 01:50 PM

Default RE: Taurus 22LR Handguns?

Like the ruger better myself, and i have the browning BuckMark Semi auto that i simply LOVE. The ruger comes with long and magnum cylinders. My dad love that gun above all else and carries it everywhere.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:22 PM
Fork Horn

Got the mdl 94 Taurus in SS with 4inch. Perfect size and accurate. Once you hold it you know its the perfect size for a .22. Wish S&W still made a similar size one in SS. Had a slight problem with one of the cylinders. Ammo would stick in one cylinder after shooting it a bit and had diificulty ejecting. Gave it a good cleaning and polished that cylinder with flitz and an electric drill and haven't had a problem since. Just look over it carefully before you buy. Hammer is a little tough on the thumb, very sharp patterning on it, but still my favorite .22.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:14 AM
Typical Buck

Taurus does make a decent revolver, but if you're willing to spend a little more, look for a used model 63 Smith. By far, one of the best little 22lr revolvers ever made. just a thought and my .02
Old 05-05-2005, 06:20 AM

I liked the feel of the 94. It's more balanced, but I wasn't sure how it shot. I love the look of the Tracker, but it's way to heavy for a 22 and apparently the only barrel length is 6 1/2 inches. I wish they made a 22 Tracker in titanium like some of the other models. Thanks for you input.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with T/C fan. If you can find a Model 63 Smith you'll be set.Great little revolver.4"bbl ,stainless steel.I had a magnum cylinder fitted to mine.Numrich had them.In less then a minute switch cylinders.

If you can live with a single action I suggest a Ruger Single Six.

Both the Smith and Ruger's are Made in the USA.Taurus is Made in Brazil. Buy America Made products.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-13-2005, 08:35 AM

Thanks for the tip Ruger-Redhawk! I don’t mind single action at all, I hunt deer with a Super Blackhawk and love it. The price of the new Single Sixes I had found though were a little more than I wanted to spend, but I found a used Single Six at a great price. I ended up getting it and it also came with the 22lr and 22mag cylinders. The mag cylinder hadn’t even been fired. Talk about a clean used gun!
Haven’t got chance to make it to the range yet, any ideas of what kind of accuracy I should expect?
Old 05-13-2005, 04:46 PM

i had a can layed on its side, shooting the bottom at about 30yards. 6/6 in the silver. pretty good i would say.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Colt1911, You made a good choice.Accuracy depends on the shooter and the ammo the gun likes.Try different brands of ammo.Not just Ruger's ,but all guns are getting out of sight.The day of reasonably priced guns are a thing of the past.Actually that goes for most anything we buy today.I got a NIB Single Six last year. Stainless/6.5"bbl for 339.00. They sure were cheaper way back when.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-15-2005, 05:58 PM

Ruger-Redhawk, I've got about six different types of LR ammo and four different types of Mag ammo ready to go. Looking forward to hitting the range sometime this week to see what it/I can. Gun prices have put a dent in my gun buying in my married with children days. I try to look out for good deals, the Single Six I bought was blued with rosewood grips and 6 ½ inch barrel and I paid $239.00. I felt like I was robbing the place at that price.

Quick Reply: Taurus 22LR Handguns?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.