Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Howa rifles

Old 03-03-2005, 10:03 PM

Default RE: Howa rifles

I called a number of sporting goods stores in the Sacramento, CA to inquire about a Howa rifle in 7mm Remington Magnum. Most said they did not have the firearm in stock but could order one and have it delivered to their shop within the 10 day waiting period required by California law. I presume many gun shops, particularly small ones, do not keep a large inventory of Howa rifles but could order one for delivery in a reasonable amount of time.

Californiadoctor
Old 03-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Doc, Go to Wal-mart and order one. I got a .308 Howa SS, with synthetic stock for 404. + tax about a year ago. I got it in 4 days. Larry
Old 03-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Host of Hosts

A very true statement.Howa makes a great product for the money but many people are simply not aware of this due to weak marketing.
Kinda reminds me of Marlin and their MR7 bot action rifle of a few years ago(96-99). Anyone who's owned one knows I'm speaking the truth when I say that Marlin made one of the finest bolt guns ever with the MR7, but marketing killed them. Some say it was due to Marlin copying the very best features from Browning, Remington, Winchester and Ruger and putting them into one rifle that had other gun makers press them to discontinue the rifle, but you see that quite often in the gun industry. I think Marlin just failed to market the rifle properly. If anyone ever see's one in .280 rem let me know I'd like to buy one.