Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

cheap over/unders

Old 02-13-2005, 04:17 PM

Default cheap over/unders

This is sort of a follow-up to one of my previous threads. I am looking for a new shotgun for primarily clay, but waterfowl and upland bird as well. I am looking for a 12 gauge and I have already been recomended dehaun, verona, and the ruger red label. My pricerange probably should not exceed $1000, and I am looking at the pricerange of about $800. Any other suggestions or comments? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cheap over/unders

Not being smart here but you should take a look at the used market. You might find a much better gun for your budget.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:03 PM

Hehe, I'm really new to shooting so I don't know much about used guns? Can anyone elaborate on the process of buying used guns? (what to look for, pricing, online vs. local, etc.)
Old 02-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

you should be able to pick up a used red label for under 800, i've had mine for nearly 10 years, no complaints!
Old 02-13-2005, 10:53 PM

I think I should be able to find a red label in stores in my general area. The reasons for getting a new gun is that as of now I am using a Browning pump action BPS which has a cut barrell (I didn't do it!), too small of a stock, it is more 25 years old and is slightly rusted.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most gun shops also have a used gun rack. Also check your local papers classified ads. Gun shows are also a good source. But I have bought the vast majority of my "used" firearms in gun shops.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jimbojones.Check on www.gunsamerica.com. I see new and used Red Labels there daily.Of course you'll have to find a dealer who will do the transfer.On GA they have a list of dealer who will do the transfer in your area. You can save a considerable amout of money.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

Have you looked aT THE rEMINGTON (SPARTAN ARMS). $400.00 new.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:32 PM

Which model? I did not find a spartan arms model if that's what you meant.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:46 AM

Nevermind the above post. I get it. Remington owns Spartan. I'm starting to like the sound of it but it's really cheap for a o/u. It almost sounds too be good to be true. I question the quality of an o/u that cheap. Any comments?

Quick Reply: cheap over/unders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.