Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 ANYONE OWN ONE OF THESE? >

ANYONE OWN ONE OF THESE?

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

ANYONE OWN ONE OF THESE?

Old 02-09-2005, 04:12 PM

Default ANYONE OWN ONE OF THESE?

Im looking into getting this rifle... http://www.wholesalesports.com/images/savage/167910.gif ...If you own one of these or have any experience with them, could you please share it with me.. Accuracy, reliability, etc. Looks nice, but not sure how it shoots as i have never handled one. Would you choose it over another gun, like say a marlin 880sq? What kind of accuracy at 50 yards and with what ammo? Thank you for any help...
Old 02-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ANYONE OWN ONE OF THESE?

I have the Savage 22lr bolt action pistol ( same action ) shoots good ,trigger sucks
On the Marlin rifles the new 9000 trigger realy is nicer

IMO the Marlin is better.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:58 AM

I have found for many years that savage firearms are very accurate, and have stayed in the market,and designs aren,t really popular with the public,but with neew features ect,they are really moving upward,and are a qualilty,shooting,accurate firearm. vangunsmith
Old 02-11-2005, 01:20 PM

I have a savage .17hmr bolt action and it doesn't fire at all if the temperature is below -15C and miss fires at anything around 0C. The gun is 6mos old and it's not the ammo.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:56 PM

I have a savage .17hmr bolt action and it doesn't fire at all if the temperature is below -15C and miss fires at anything around 0C. The gun is 6mos old and it's not the ammo.
Just read about somebody else having the same problem,he oiled his firing pin and with the cold weather was resticting the movement .try cleaning the the bolt and firing pin to make sure it is free of excess oil.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:52 PM

I have a savage MarkII .22LR with a scope.GREAT and ACCURATE.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:23 PM

check out www.savageshooters.com for lots of info
Old 02-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Savage 93R17 FVSS. It’s a nice little gun that shoots fairly well and is pleasant to shot. I will try to improve on the accuracy of the rifle with different brand of bullets. I was shooting empty shotgun shells at 100 yards to make it challenging and I was successful. I will have to get a trigger job done to improve on the accuracy. Good Luck..
Old 02-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

I have one. Nice little rifle, fairly accurate right out of the box, but the factory trigger was horrible. So I put one of these Rifle Basix Sav-R-Sear in.[link]http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=10077&title=SAVAGE+%22E-Z%22+PULL+TRIGGER[/link]

Now it has a 3.5-10 power scope and shoots great. At 50 yds it will shoot about 1" or slightly better with just about any ammo you want to shoot in it. I haven't tried any match ammo in it too see how accurate it will shoot, as it just a squirrel and small varmint rifle, not a match rifle.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:46 PM

I have one in 17HMR. Really like it, lite and very accurate