). I called him and ordered it while I was at work. I was looking at the Stoeger Website at the time and the only showed one..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Stoeger Single Shot 20 gauge? >

Stoeger Single Shot 20 gauge?

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Stoeger Single Shot 20 gauge?

Old 02-08-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Stoeger Single Shot 20 gauge?

I called the local gun dealer today and had him order me the gun. It is my girlfriends Valentines Day gift (I hope she likes it).

I called him and ordered it while I was at work. I was looking at the Stoeger Website at the time and the only showed one model of single shot 20 gauge. It had a vent rib barrel, which I thought was a nice feature and haven't seen on other single shots. When I got home I looked in a 2003 Stoeger catalog I had and I see they had both the slightly cheaper non-vent ribbed barrel and the one I thought I was ordering. I tried to call the gun shop and ask him about it but he was already gone. I would assume that they no longer carry the non-vent rib barreled gun and only make the one with the vent rib. If anyone can shine some light for me I would appreciate it.

Also, does anyone have any experience with the Stoeger single shots? Any problems or things to look out for? I know questions I should have asked before ordering one but I figured they are associated with Benelli so I figured I would be okay.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:14 PM

Default RE: Stoeger Single Shot 20 gauge

Okay I talked to the guy at the gun shop today and he said that Stoeger only makes the single shot shotguns with the vent rib now, which is what I figured but wanted to make sure.

So no one has anything to say about the stoeger single shots or how about stoeger in general?
Old 02-19-2005, 01:42 PM

Default RE: Stoeger Single Shot 20 gauge?

I HAVE OWNED A STOEGER 12 GA. O/U WITH SCREW-IN CHOKE
TUBES FOR OVER 5 YEARS. GREAT GUN NOT FANCY BUT WILL
DEFINATELY GET THE JOB DONE. TO DATE 3 EASTERN GOBBLERS
HAVE TASTED THE GUN AS WELL AS MANY DOVE, DUCK, QUAIL
ETC ETC....DID THE GUY YOU ORDERED FROM TELL YOU THAT
STOEGER IS NOW OWNED BY BENELLI?? HOPE SHE HAS AS MUCH
FUN WITH HERS AS I HAVE WITH MINE
Old 02-19-2005, 10:54 PM

DID THE GUY YOU ORDERED FROM TELL YOU THAT
STOEGER IS NOW OWNED BY BENELLI??

I already new that. The gun has still not come in yet and I hope to be able to pick it up the first part of this week. I had hoped to have it before this weekend so we could go out and shot it...that didn't happen!

thanks for the reply H2OmAn!
Old 02-20-2005, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jas, how much? I'm going to get a single shot 20 here REAL soon. Need something for my boys between the 12 and .410. I have quite a few H&R/NEF guns and Stevens, too. Have always been totally satisfied with them. Was thinking another in 20 gauge. Then I saw this Spartan Gunworks SPR100. Imported from Russia by Remington and thought of giving it the try this time around.
MSRP $97, about the same as H&R @ $95.

Anyone know anything about Sparten Gunworks?

We'll be at the gunshop today (Megasports in Plainfield, IL) so I'm going to look at them all, the Stoeger has my intrest, too. But I said look, right. Yeah right! I stand about a less than 5% chance of getting out of there without doing paperwork.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 02-21-2005, 01:33 PM

right at $105.00

it has a the vent rib and a screw in choke which I thought were features hard to find in a single shot!
Old 02-24-2005, 02:17 AM

I finally got the gun today. I have to say the girlfriend is happy it is in! I am somewhat impressed by the gun for the money I think it is about the best single shot shotgun I have ever seen. The recoil pad seems to be good quality and it has a safety that if engaged while the hammer is down will not let you cock the hammer or pull the trigger and the if on safe when the gun is cocked will not let the gun fire. The only thing I was disappointed in is that when you brake it open the spent shell doesn't eject (another single shot a buddy used to have did and I liked that unless I was unloading a live round) but rather the extractor lifts the shell a little to allow the shooter to manually extract the round. Otherwise the gun seems to point well and I like the vent rib, an excellent starter gun for anyone.