Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Sims DeResonator

Old 02-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Sims DeResonator

Well, I got it today. Just to try it out I am gonna temporarily put it on my 300 WSM. It doesn't like Winchester factory 150 grain BT all that much. So I'll try it out with that just to see how it works.

It really doesn't look all that bad. It's not very big and you can't see it through a scope at 3 power even all the way out at the muzzle.

I'll be sure to give a report just as soon as I can get to the range.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep this device may put all the accuracy gunsmiths out of business
Old 02-04-2005, 06:32 PM

I just put in my order for one, if it is as good as they say it will be the best $20 I have ever spent.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:49 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

Well, I finally had a chance to try one out on my Kimber Montana .308, which has a very light, whippy barrel.

With a lot of loads, including factory 168 gr match, I've been lucky to get 2.5" groups at 200 yds. Usually I get 3". Well, with that gizmo on, I tried again last week. The 168s weren't any better, but groups shrunk a full inch with my 150 grain reloads. (1.5" 5-shot groups at 200 yds, with a hunting rifle? "Ugly" or not, I can live with that!)
Old 01-20-2006, 11:20 PM

Don't need navcom rubber to improve my mark. Its all about the rifle, the rifleman, and how he breathes. Just my opinion. Used navom on my bows, and it helps in that respect, but I rather put bubblegum on the barrel to envelop harmonic dampening....
Old 01-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

BigBulls...how about a report...
Old 01-21-2006, 03:47 PM

ORIGINAL: jcchartboy

BigBulls...how about a report...
yea,give us one....
Old 01-21-2006, 07:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Holy crap, it's been almost a year since I bought that thing.

I moved to Birmingham very shortly after I bought it and never did get to try it out. I don't even know where it is any more.

Sorry Guys. [8D]
Old 01-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I heard it makes hunting whitetail alot easier. As soon as the deer see that rolled up condom thing on your barrel they start fallin over with laughter and make it a very easy shot.Unless Ilose a bet I wont have one of the ridiculous things on my barrel.

You guysremember in the movie Major League when CharlieSheen gets those ridiculous glasses after finding out he cant see and the old pitchertrys to make him feel better by saying seeing is the importantthing and then Wesley Snipes snickers and says "It aint that important" thats how I feel about these goofy things.

I can se on a target rifle but not a hunting gun.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess if i cared about what the deer or anyone else for that matter thought about the way me or my gun look when i hunt i would agree.

but since i dont give a rats butt what i look like in the woods or at the rangeif it works i'd try it

Quick Reply: Sims DeResonator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.