Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Browning or Weatherby

Old 01-26-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Browning or Weatherby

I'm looking for a new 270 in browning a-bolt or a weatherby mark 5. Which do you guys think is better?
Old 01-26-2005, 08:48 PM

Default RE: Browning or Weatherby

I would go with Weatherby but instead of the Mark V I would get the Weatherby Vanguard which is available in 270 Winchester. It is every bit as good as either the Mark V or the Browning at a far more reasonable price.

Californiadoctor
Old 01-26-2005, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

I love my browings. they are very well built and finished very well and and are accurate right out of the box. i like how well with my brother inlaws 243 the clip connects to the floor plate of the rifle. I have never owned a weather by so i cant coment. take a look at both and see how they fit you. if nothing else buy the one that fits you best. you cant go wrong with a 270. good choise.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:55 PM
bigcountry

I have had both and still have brownings. The Marks are decently made I like the 3 bolt lug. But they are generally pretty heavy. And not worth the price. I am not a vanguard fan, so I would go with the A-Bolt. They have always treated me right. And for the price, I think you cannot beat em. And unlike the vanguard, they have good resale, as I trade alot.

Old 01-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would go with Weatherby but instead of the Mark V I would get the Weatherby Vanguard which is available in 270 Winchester.
I have to agree.The mark v's are overpriced and offer no more accuracy.I don't like the magazine system that browning uses because it is much slower and more complicated than other detachable mags.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:16 PM

Any reason(s) why you have limited it to just these two brands?
Old 01-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Browning "A Bolt". The Weatherby's have never impressed me. The 270 Win is a great caliber. By the way welcome to the forum Farmanimal

Ruger Redhawk
Old 01-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Howdy and welcome to the forums.

I'm a Browning man. Why own anything less?
Old 01-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

i've never been impressed with browning triggers.i'd go with the mark v or a remington 700.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

I have one of each. I like the Weatherby slightly better. It has a little better finish and I shoot tighter groups with it. I used to think Weatherby's were for guys with more money and less skill. That was until I shot a Weatherby side by side to a Sako 75 I was considering buying.

Quick Reply: Browning or Weatherby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.