Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Stoeger Condor 12 ga?

Old 08-19-2004, 06:23 AM

Default Stoeger Condor 12 ga?

I'm thinking about buying a used Stoeger Condor for dove season. I know it's not a Beretta, Ruger or Franchi...I can't afford the guns I want. Of course I can't afford the boats, atv's or trucks I want either, lol. I'd like to hear from anyone who knows something about these guns. Ever used one? How'd you like it? Know someone who has one? How'd they like it?
Old 08-19-2004, 09:38 AM

Default RE: Stoeger Condor 12 ga?

I have one. For the price you'll pay for it its a fine gun. I hvnt ha any problems with it. I have had it for about 4 months. Shoots fine has good wood, but isnt fancy.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:32 PM

i just baught a stoeger condor supreme not to long ago, and couldnt be happier. the gun has some great american walnut wood to it, and a nice finish. it also has auto ejectors, and selective triggers. so far i have only put 250-300 rouns through it, and so far so good. it costed me $379 new i think you will be very impressed with the gun, especially for its price.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

A friend of mine who hunts ducks with me uses one and I would have to say it is the finest O/U for 300 bucks. As a reloader I really like the ejector it doesnt shoot them off 20 feet like my browning does. I keep saying one of these days I will buy one the only problem I've seen with them is when patterning loads at 40 yards the bottom barrel i believe is angled to much to compensate for the top barrel but shoots about 6 inches higher then the top barrel.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also forgot to mention if you reload steer away from cci primers. the spring in the firing mechnism seems a little soft and doesnt always set off that brand of primer. And alot more often in cold weather.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

I looked at the Condor Supreme combo (12 & 20 barrels) at the DU Great Outdoors Festival in Oshkosh,WI this past weekend. They are very basic and I was skeptical about buying a product with very little known about it. I think I could pick up the combo for about $500 -525. I feel better that Benelli owns and stands behind this line. I already have a really nice Beretta Silver Pigeon for trap and sporting clays that I don't like taking through nasty brush for obvious reasons. I thought I could get a O/U that I don't have to feel paranoid about. I also like to have a 20 gauge barrel for dove and for my young son to have when he grows up. I'm debating between the combo and the Verona -Italy for $700 but not a combo.

-Mathewsconquest2
Old 09-12-2004, 04:07 PM

I have had one (condor) for about 3 years now, I use it for Sporting Clays, and some upland hunting. I LOVE this gun. I've put approximately 7k rounds through it. Over time, even when WELL lubed, it WILL loosen up a little when it is open. It locks up tight as a drum when closed and ready to fire. Based on this experience, I just bought a Stoeger Uplander Supreme S/S and will pick it up in 2 days.

My brother has a Condor also, and he neglects his firearms just a little, and never lubed it's hingepin area. After about 10k rounds through that one, it still locks up tightly, but 'wobbles' on its hingepin area a good bit when broken open. He also slaps it closed, which I can't stand. I close mine more gently. Since then his primary O/U is the Verona LX501. Anyway, I hope this info helps. You have my hands-down recommendation on the Stoeger Condor.

Just remember, more expensive is not always better. I have a browning gold that has given me nothing but grief.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doesnt Benelli import Stoeger firearms or at least handle all there warranty and repairs? Ive heard alot of good about the Stoegers, i even tried to order one recently but my gunshop owner couldnt locate me one. How sad. What barrel length are you guys goin with, im trying to get one with 28'' tubes.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:50 PM

Stoeger (Accokeek, Maryland) is the actual importer, the firearm is made in Brazil. My understanding is Stoeger is the holding company for Benelli, Franchi, AUberti, and others. If you look at the Stoeger 2000 semi auto, you will quickly see it is the exact recoil activated action that Benelli uses, with the rotating bolt lockup.

I got my Condor from Dicks Sporting Goods, in fact they are on sale this week for $289. I don't know if you have any of these stores near you in OK, but that is the best deal going. I've got the 28" barrels, and it swings nicely.

Check out www.stogerindustries.com , there is a dealer locator ( http://www.stoegerindustries.com/dea...ator/index.tpl ) feature there, perhaps that will help.

By the way, I just got my Uplander Supreme SxS last night, and it looks really nice. I'm very pleased! My dealer told me that out of all the brand lines under Stoeger, the actual Stoeger firearms are the least returned for warranty service in the Stoeger line-up of brands.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

My friend on here Jackson_q recommended me to find a dicks and said they are great at getting guns at low prices. Unfortunetly ive never heard of one until then and dont think we have one around. Is that for the plain jane condor? What is the one with the fancy wood, think thats what ill get lol [:'(]

Quick Reply: Stoeger Condor 12 ga?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.