Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Buying an NEF 223...which one? >

Buying an NEF 223...which one?

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Buying an NEF 223...which one?

Old 08-17-2004, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buying an NEF 223...which one?

mine does that all time
Sure ok I believe ya .............NOT!!!!
Old 08-17-2004, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

As a matter of fact my 12 year old daughter can shoot 1" groups at 100 yrds off my bench with it. So if we could get together i'll just let her shoot aginst ya!
Old 08-19-2004, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL at 100 yards I can shoot 1/4 inch clover leafs shooting prone with no bench or rest. would just be a waste of my valuable time to shoot against your child. I lived in Missouri for 10 years so I aslo know Missourians are the best professional Bullsh!tters. Or you just have no idea how to measure bullet groups. A friend of mine in Unionville missouri thought he was shooting 3/4 inch groups at 100 yards with his 7 mag he showed me the target and I measured it and the groups were actually closer to 1.5 inch groups. just because you shot 5 rounds and 2 of the shots grouped together in less then a inch but the other shots were an inch or so away from them doesnt mean you just forget the other 3 and go with the 2 good shots (LOL seems to be the method alot of people use). the other 3 also count and will hurt the group average severly. What I hate is when you shot 4 togther in a clover leaf and have one flyer a half inch from the others the then 1/4 inch groups now has become a 1 inch group. Maybe one of these days we will get the chance to shoot against eachother since I own 300 acres nears bosworth, missouri and in a few years when I'm done with school I will come back since the deer hunting is much better then Arizona. And I dont really care to live in a state that you have to enter a drawing just to get a tag. Have fun with your toothpick rifle and lots of luck this coming deer season.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

HighDesert...300 acres is a nice purchase for a 23yr old that's still in school.

Fist off, your Savage 40 is more like $175 more than my NEF. You said $100.

Secondly, what does your sub-MOA groups have to do with deer season? Last time I checked, a deer's lungs were over 8".

Lastly, my NEF will shoot sub MOA groups at 100yds. End of story. You don't believe it, I don't care. So you're shooting sub 2" groups at 200...that's great!

BTW...nothing turns people off more than a know-it-all, so if you see one, inform them.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

actually I shoot sub 1 inch groups at 200 yards, And I didnt purchase 300 acres it was a wedding present from My wifes great grandma and I bought my savage 40 for 300 bucks and thats what my dealer sells them for all the time. And my last post i mentioned this coming deer season wishing danthehunter good luck since we are both from missouri it didnt even concern you or anything about your pos nef gun. I dont see where you come off calling me a know it all,

BTW...... nothing turns people off more then a D@mn Jack A$$, so if you see one, inform them.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Will do, HD. Nice comeback, too.

By the way, that is one HELL of a price on the Model 40 in .223. Can't get them here for less than $375...and that's dickering. They are asking $399 new. The 22 Hornet is a touch cheaper for some reason.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

With alittle trigger work it will shoot as good as any rifle I have ever owned or shot. I wish they would of put a bigger forehand on the varmiter model. thats the only complaint I have. Its perfect for a young hunter to learn on .
Old 08-21-2004, 01:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well from my experince with the NEF handi rifle in 223 my experience wasnt very good asfar as accuracy so thats why I find it hard to believe when someones says their NEF handi rifle shoots sub MOA at 100 yards or beyond. I've been a little interested in rossi's break action rifles and H&R's too but I a little reluctant after the NEF handi rifle I bought last time.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I went to the range today for the first time with this gun, Shot a few rounds, cleaned the barrel, etc., then worked with the scope a little, and tried two types of ammo. I really wasn't looking for great groups, and honestly, this is my FIRST center fire rifle. Anyways, I had some wild results, especially with Remmington UMC ammo. But with 55 gr. fmj Winchester white box ammo, I have a couple of groups of three that would fit on a quarter. One group at 50 yds, another at 100.

Next time I plan to bring sand bags or a bench rest, more of the Winchester ammo, and PRACTICE! I'll see what happens.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Etothepii...Try Black Hills ammo if you get the chance. It's not one of the cheapy's...It's anywhere from $11-19 for 50 rounds. You'll be pleased with it if you try it.

Quick Reply: Buying an NEF 223...which one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.