Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Remington Titanium 7mm SAUM (Photo) >

Remington Titanium 7mm SAUM (Photo)

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Remington Titanium 7mm SAUM (Photo)

Old 06-10-2004, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Remington Titanium 7mm SAUM (Photo)

Have just purchased this rifle.
Scope is Leupold Vari II 4-12 (Silver.)
24 inch barrel.
Does anyone else have the same rifle/calibre?
What loads/bullets have you had sucess with?
How does it go with 139gr 160 gr.
How has it performed in the field?
Have you been happy with the recoil & pad?
Did you need to make any adjustments to factory settings to acheive accuracy?
I'm just setting it up, so far have only fired one shot. (120 gr.)

Old 06-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remington Titanium 7mm SAUM (Photo)

Congrads on the new gun, 7mm's are verry good guns. I recomend a 160grain bullet. I shoot a 7mm to. Good luck with it.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:23 PM

I dont know that you want to hear this, but it is what it is. I just bought the Ti in 260 cal. thought i had " the " rifle, it shot great... for 2 rounds.. after that it would be anyones guess where the third shot would go, the barrel is so thin that it would heat up very quickly, making it difficult to sight it in, work up loads, etc. It also had a pretty bad finish in the chamber, it would leave deep score marks on the brass, not real good for reloading. Dont get me wrong, it was very light, and the 2 shots would toch each other, It seems to be a great rifle for carrying a lot in the mtns, take you shot, and maybe use factory loads, or buy new brass, either way it want for me, it went back, and i got something else that would soot my needs better, sorry to be negative, but that was my experience.
Old 06-12-2004, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

How long ago did you buy that 260. Did it have a 22 inch barrel?
I note Remington now make the Ti Magnums with 24 inch barrel, previously 22 inch. This was a selling point for me.
Have had a chance to testfire this gun yesterday, shoots fine and the recoil is less than I expected. My first batch of handloads grouped at 1 1/4
These were 140 grain nosler partitions with 64 grains of Rel 19 & Fed 215 Primers
I need to test a few more batchs, hopefully get under the inch.
Anyone got any load suggestions, I can probably tell you how they perform, if I test them.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:29 PM

got it about 6 weeks ago, and i think it had a 22 inch barrel, but i am not sure i remember.
glad to hear it is working out for you, good luck with it. I am off to the range to try out its replacement, a 358 win. BLR.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tim , I like the gun and the caliber. Makes for a very powerful lightweight rifle. I thought the fit and finish and everything else on the Titaniums was very good. Friend has a 7 SAUM in a custom rifle with a heavier barrel and it shoots beautifully and is easy to handload for he uses 139 grain Hornady bullets with great success and uses load data out of the Hornady number 6 manual. Not as popular as other short mags but nevertheless a fine round.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

The rifle has been put straight to work.
As soon as I get my photos developed I'll post a pic of the 8X8 Red Stag that one of my hunting clients took with the SAUM.
Unfortunately not a one shot kill, but no fault of the rifle, when the vitals were hit, the stag went down as it should.
I will look into the Hornady 139's
I usually use Nosler Partitions.
I have a precision reloader doing batch Loads for me to test.
So will let you know how it pans out.
I do think a weakness of the Short Mags is Cartridge capacity. The Titanium only holds two in the magazine.
However I guess if I can shoot as well as most of the contributers on this forum, I'll only need one...L.O.L.