Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Winchester,Ruger,or Remington >

Winchester,Ruger,or Remington

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Winchester,Ruger,or Remington

Old 05-24-2004, 01:19 AM
Spike

Default Winchester,Ruger,or Remington

hi there, why is it that you don't here to much about winchester rifles? Every one is always talking about there Rem's an Rugers!!!! I don't know what to get, it seems everyone has a remington ar they that much better then winchester? If I did get a winchester I'd probably get a classic super grade. the only remingtons I'v really looked at was a 700 BDL, haven't checked any rugers out though........any input would be great....
Old 05-24-2004, 09:41 AM

Default RE: Winchester,Ruger,or Remington

There is nothing wrong with Winchester. I am a die hard Remington fan but but winchester makes a great gun. I don't like there saftey but thats because I started out with a Remington! I not like the looks of the new stock on them!
Old 05-24-2004, 10:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

All three companies make good rifles, but naturally there are some design and/or style differences (even within one company's line of rifles). It pretty much boils down to personal preference when finding the rifle that fits you best.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:27 PM

It's all about taste!

Get one of each and be happy!
Old 05-24-2004, 06:55 PM

I agree with SoArkRebel. What's important is your own taste...As long as you get the caliber you want and most importantly get a rifle that fits your build.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nothing at all wrong with Winchesters. Remington also makes a nice rifle (except the 710), as does Ruger. But don't overlook Browning. And Savage too. They are not the prettiest rifles out there (the Ultra is nice) but the prices are very reasonable and I'm not the only one who thinks these rifles are one of the most accurate ones right out of the box. The new Accu-trigger is fantastic once you get used to it.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:42 AM

Check them all out and get the one that fits you best.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:32 AM

When I buy a new rifle I look to Winchester first then Ruger. Brownings are o.k. to, I just don't like their bolts. I have looked into a Rem M7 and all the ones I have handled (these are newer ones say 4 years old max) the quality was awful.[:'(]

NBH
Old 05-27-2004, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's all about personal preferance,kinda like when you are looking for a date at a dance.Their all built the same but some come in racier models.

I like winchester,but I own several of each,remington and rugers,never much cared for browning except the BAR and the BLR.

It is all how they fit,winchester fit better than the rest,plus I like the saftey for quick snap shots.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know exactly why the Remingtons seem to be more popular (at least it seems that way). They have too many shortcomings for me. I've owned exactly one 700 and that's all I want to own. They're a very simply design and easy to work on, I guess that has a lot to do with their popularity. If they're not accurate out of the box, they can usually be made so quite easily. But I prefer other things in a rifle than just accuracy alone.

Sakos and pre-'64 Winchester model 70's are my cup of tea. Wouldn't mind having one of the new model 70's either, though I currently don't. I wouldn't mind having a Ruger either, but I'd have to do something about the trigger.

Quick Reply: Winchester,Ruger,or Remington

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.