Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Benchvise

Old 05-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Spike

Default Benchvise

Just wondering if anyone can provide some feedback regarding the various types of benchvises available on the market. Hoppes, Tipton, etc....
Old 05-27-2004, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Benchvise

I have a tipton and it works very well, not as pretty as some of the wood models out there but just as functional..makes a world of difference when cleaning your bore also ...do not buy them from Midway unless you want to pay top dollar. There are a few on Ebay right now priced real well.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:31 PM

604shooter,

I bought mine from Gander MTN. It is the Tipton brand for $45. MidwayUSA has the same thing on sale only with a Winchester sticker for $29.99. Sale ends end of June. The ones I have seen Tipton, Frankfort Arsenal, Winchester, etc are all the same product only with different stickers.

go to www.midwayusa.com enter product # 916-535

NBH
Old 06-03-2004, 08:45 AM

Are you talking a cleaning vise, or a shooting vise? The previous to posts are good for cleaning. But if you are talking a shooting vise, try a benchmaster.