Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

[Deleted]

Old 03-27-2004, 05:59 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-27-2004, 11:36 PM

Default RE: S&W 3913

If you really need a pistol for some reason like defense, and if that is the best deal of the century, then go for it.

However, I do not care for S&W pistols, especially the 39 series. I've had the gun you're talking about and it was a pain. Too large to conceal comfortably, short sight plain wasn't conducive to accuracy, and those stinkin', long travel, heavy triggers just plain $uck. Bobbed hammer prevents cocked and locked carry which would help with that poor trigger. I swore when I had it that if I ever got into a gunfight, the first thing I'd do is point the sucker someplace and jerk the trigger just to get the thing to fire and go to single action. It was that bad.

Do yourself a favor and get a Glock, Sig, H&K, Kimber, Wilson, Colt, .... You get the idea. Anything but the 3913.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Wait for others to voice theirs before deciding.

Good luck to you.
Old 03-28-2004, 01:32 PM
RPL

Default RE: S&W 3913

I've owned a 3913 since the early nineties. I carry it a lot and find the gun conceals easily with anything more than a light shirt. I've put a fair bit of rounds (mostly reloads) through my 3913 without a single failure of any type.
The gun is a double action, it is not ment to be carried cocked and locked, so the bobbed hammer is a non issue. The spurless hammer is to help with a snagless draw. There is nothing wrong with a single action if you prefer cocked and locked carry.
I'm not saying the 3913 is any better or worse than other makes and models. But it is a well made, reliable, high quality firearm.
Would it be my first choice if I was to buy another compact semi-auto? Probably not, I'd likily get a Walther 99. But I don't feel handicapped at all carrying my 3913.
If you like the feel and fit of this gun and it's a good price and you don't want spend more, then buy it and pratice with it. You will be well armed.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]