Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

[Deleted]

Old 02-24-2004, 08:23 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-24-2004, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sig Sauer SP2340

I never shot a Sig in 40cal. I have a Sig P-245. It's only been shot a few times but it's quite impressive. I would say 450.00 is a good price depending on it's condition.Sig's are well made and hold up well.If it's in like new condition I would say go for it.The 40 cal is a great defense round. My carry gun is Glock M-27 which is a 40cal Compac w/Trijicon N/S's.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-24-2004, 05:18 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-25-2004, 04:05 PM

I own a Sig SP2340 and like it alot. The Sig pro models are Sig's first polymer framed pistols. Since Sigs are pretty much at the top of my price range, I chose it as a way to break in to the line because the pros are less expensive than the Sig classics. I have since added a Sig P228 9mm.

I have found the 2340 to be very accurate and 100% reliable. The only negative I can think of is the take down lever/pin is a real pain. The system on the classics is much better. However, after you field strip it a few times, it does get easier - no big deal.

If your pistol is in good condition, and with the night sights, I'd say you got a pretty good deal.

Go over to sigforum.com and do a search by author name for LUNDE. In his posts he has a link to a webpage he created of FAQ's for the SP2340. It has everything and anything you want to know about your pistol. Enjoy your new Sig!
Old 02-25-2004, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: archerman

Sounds good, I went and bought it anyway. Could'nt help myself

It has the Tritium night sights and is just like new, comes with the hard case, 2 clips and the spare grip ( for larger hands ) and the trigger lock and owners manual. Won't have a chance to shoot it until this weekend.

I am chomping at the bit to try it out. I already have some shells for it so I am just hoping I get the time and the rain stops.

Thanks for the info Ruger-Redwawk

Archerman sounds like you got a good deal. The weekend will be here before you know it.Let us know how it shoots.

WMS PA Welcome to the forum.

Ruger Redhawk