Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Benelli SBE slug barrel, are they worth the $ >

Benelli SBE slug barrel, are they worth the $

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Benelli SBE slug barrel, are they worth the $

Old 01-22-2004, 01:41 PM

Default Benelli SBE slug barrel, are they worth the $

found a guy selling SBE slug barrels (benelli barrel) for $350.00, would love to buy one but would hate to pay that kinda dough for little or no improvement. does anyone have any experience with the slug barrel? are they worth the investment?
Old 01-23-2004, 07:42 AM

Default RE: Benelli SBE slug barrel, are they worth the $

I was hoping someone that had one would answer you by now.

I have a SBE, but do not have a slug barrel for it.

In general, a rifled slug barrel is much better than trying to shoot rifled slugs in a smooth bore. Accuracy should be very good. With the quality of the Benelli products, it should do very well. Price seems a little high, but then again, I've not been in the market for one. Shop and compare.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:00 AM

yeah an answer would be nice, surely someone out there has experience with one,, $350 is quite cheap actually the slug barrels normally retal for arnd $450-500, i would imagine accuracy would improve considerably but i always like to double check before making an investment in a gun or other equipment.

think i'll try the gun forum.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

t roy - where did you get the price from on the barrel. I have an SBE and am looking for a barrel. I live near Princeton, IL
Old 01-27-2004, 09:28 AM

friend of mine looking to buy a SBE found it, i called him at work to get the website and he called in sick today, I'll ask him for the info and post it, probably tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:42 PM
Spike

I have a slug barrel for my SBE and love it. I have had it for a few years now. It is not a Benelli, it is a Shaw. Benelli did not make their barrels at that time. It likes Lightfield slugs. Will put 3rds clover leafed @60 yds. I have a Burris 2x7 scope. I paid $360 then plus $65 for the fore arm. I think on all the Benelli slug barrels you need the new forearm because the barrel is a larger diameter. The Barrels on the SBE are expensive because the whole back side of the barrel is 1/2 of the receiver instead of just a barrel like most shotguns Good Luck
Old 01-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

I have an SBE and was considering a slug bbl. Anyone with a factory model know whether you need a new fore end, any other comments.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:10 PM

www.dnrsports.com the retail is $402.00 + $10 for ups ground, the guy is giving my friend a deal on 2 barrels because he is also buying a SBE.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Spike

Wow! You guys are really up against it with those SBE shotguns. I did some research on the barrel availbility and the barrels are out there....both on availability and price.

You might want to consider the purchase of a Benelli Nova (new or used) and purchase a cantalever rifled slug barrel for it from Cabelas for $149. The cantalever barrels are actually made by Ithaca. Ithaca's web site lists them for $199.

I'm guessing you could purchase a used Nova for $200 and a new replacement barrel for $149 and have less or nearly the same money invested as you would purchasing ONLY a barrel for your SBE. Plus, you'd have a darn good back-up pump shotgun.

Good luck with your choices!
Good hunting, Bowhunter57