Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Need Help on which rifle to get!!! >

Need Help on which rifle to get!!!

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Need Help on which rifle to get!!!

Old 12-07-2003, 12:21 PM

Default Need Help on which rifle to get!!!

I need a new rifle and I am pretty sure I want a 7mm rem mag, but I still need help deciding on what brand to get. I have it narrowed to a wood/blued finish and I have a limited budget. I am looking at the Ruger MkII, The Savage 110GXP3, and the Remington BDL. Which would you recomend. Also, if you have any other suggestions in this price range, please tell me. Thanks!!!
Old 12-07-2003, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need Help on which rifle to get!!!

I HAVE A SAVAGE AND A RUGER LOVE BOTH . THE RUGER IS A MKII M77 .220 SWIFT WITH A TRIGGER JOB ITS A REAL TACK DRIVER , THE SAVAGE IS A 116 FSS .300WM , I JUST DONT LIKE THIER FIBER STOCK , I AM HAVING A LAMINATED STOCK MADE FOR IT BUT IT DOES SHOOT WELL. THE RUGER IS ABOUT $250.00 HIGHER THEN THE SAVAGE. I ALSO LIKE NEF SINGLE SHOT HANDI RIFLE . I HAVE THE .243 BULL BARREL AND WITH A LITTLE WORK IT HAS BECOME MY ALL AROUND RIFLE
Old 12-07-2003, 01:28 PM

I forgot to mention the Winchester M70 sporter LT.
Old 12-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Take a look at howa.They are good guns for the price.
Old 12-07-2003, 04:55 PM

Does Howa have a website?
Old 12-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Howas are handled by www.legacysports.com
Old 12-08-2003, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's kind of a toss up but i'll suggest Remington. That advice may be a little bias however because i love Remington rifles. Savage are good ones too, as for Ruger i've never owned one of those but i hear they are good guns also. Same goes for Tikka, i've never owned one but all the reviews and the several guys i know that have a Tikka praise those rifles as well. If you could i would go around and handle some and see how they feel to you and then make your decision. As for how they shoot that's a tough one because all rifles are different. You may get one that shoots good out of the box and you may get one that needs a little tweeking. Good luck!
Old 12-08-2003, 12:38 PM

Dont know much about the Savage. Are they good quality rifles? Can you get tem at Wal-Mart?
Old 12-09-2003, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes you can get Savage at walmart and yes they are quality guns imo. The quality of Savage firearms seem to be improving each year as well as the looks. The Savage rifles i've owned were very accurate right out of the box and like i said they aren't the best looking rifles on the market but they are true workhorses. I'm a Remington fan but i wouldn't hesitate to by another Savage if a deal comes my way. If you choose Savage i don't think you'll be disappointed.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:44 AM

I think I'll go with the Savage 7mm rem mag until I save up enough to by a Ruger. The Ruger will probably be a .300mag just to cover the .30 cal magnums.

Quick Reply: Need Help on which rifle to get!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.