Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Savage Axis 350 Legend

Old 06-03-2020, 06:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Savage Axis 350 Legend

I took my new Axis out this morning after installing the MCarbo pro trigger kit. I wanted to try out my reloads of a sized Speer HotCor 180 bullet and 24 gr of Lil Gun powder. First shot was right so I adjusted the scope and over compensated for the first shot and hit a bit left. Did a readjustment and fired 5 shots. If you look at the attached target there are 3 shots in basically one hole and another 2 almost exactly in the same hole. This was shot at 100 yards. The rifle is really fun to shoot. I actually think my air rifle has more felt recoil than this one.
Attached Thumbnails Savage Axis 350 Legend-350-legend-target.jpg  
Old 06-03-2020, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

nice shooting bronko
Old 06-03-2020, 07:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by t.shaffer
nice shooting bronko
Thanks Tom. I didn't measure but that dot is about 1 1/4" in diameter so I believe the 5 shot group is just under 3/4". Not bad for a rifle I only paid $300 for and another $130 for the Konus scope. But honestly, that Mcarbo trigger kit was well worth the $25. The trigger is about 2 - 2.5 lb with zero creep.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the rifle. I picked up an axis xp on clearance today. (.308) it's use is more akin to a loaner. I'll handing it out to a young hunter planning to get his hunter safety this year. I'm going to keep it in the box until then.

That 350 legend is a neat round. Had one been available, I might have gotten it.