Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Shot the Henry this evening >

Shot the Henry this evening

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Shot the Henry this evening

Old 01-03-2017, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shot the Henry this evening

just a quick range session with the Henry big boy steel 44 mag... First off trigger pull 5lbs 😏... Shot 3 shots at 50 yards with iron sights.. My leupold VX2 1-4x20 will be here next week... Anyhow shot 3 shots with American eagle 240gr hp and group as low left about 4"... Had a hard time picking bullseye up in sights... Then moved target closer to 25 and shot my reloads (22.8gr H110 Hornady 240gr XTP) 3 shots in a clover leaf low left... That's it not going to shoot anymore till scope is mounted... Gun rely good I just realized my eyes ain't worth a dang with iron sights... Scope should cut that groups in half I would think
Old 01-03-2017, 01:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I hear ya. I am hoping after I get my cataracts removed and have the lenses implanted I will be able to use iron sights again.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Learned that same lesson quite a few years ago. I can still shoot handguns well unscoped for defense since I have shot instinctive for most of my life but my HUNTING handguns are scoped except for the 2 .45 Colts...But I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the INSIDE with a rifle open sites anymore.

Hope that Henry works out for you.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
just a quick range session with the Henry big boy steel 44 mag... First off trigger pull 5lbs 😏... Shot 3 shots at 50 yards with iron sights.. My leupold VX2 1-4x20 will be here next week... Anyhow shot 3 shots with American eagle 240gr hp and group as low left about 4"... Had a hard time picking bullseye up in sights... Then moved target closer to 25 and shot my reloads (22.8gr H110 Hornady 240gr XTP) 3 shots in a clover leaf low left... That's it not going to shoot anymore till scope is mounted... Gun rely good I just realized my eyes ain't worth a dang with iron sights... Scope should cut that groups in half I would think
Put a rear peep sight on there.

Those buck horn sights suck no matter what they are on.