Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

629 warrenty

Old 10-20-2003, 06:02 AM

Default 629 warrenty

I have been reloading for around 22 years and recently blew up my pistol with a light load. I sent it in,and the manufacture told me that I had to hot of a load. When they sent the gun back they had cut the cylinder in two,and kep one half of it,I guess tht there isn' t much of any kind of warrenty on this, make my day and tell me what would you do??

Old 10-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 629 warrenty

The reason they cut the cylinder is so you wouldn' t attempt to shoot it after they sent it back to you . They are just trying to protect themselves . So you had a flashburn from a short load and swelled your cylinder . You have to love those progressive loaders . I have been there and done that ,and welcome to the club . Didn' t you have them repair it while they had it ?
Old 10-21-2003, 07:25 AM

They told me that the gun was not worth fixing,and that they would send me a new one for $530,I told then send it back, and they were not even going to do that unless I paid the postage,since I put this in, I have herd that they have had some problems, I learnd one thing Ruger makes a good gun!!
Old 10-23-2003, 01:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

You must have bent the backstrap on the frame . They just replaced the cylinder and adjusted mine for $180 . It can happen to a Ruger also .
Old 10-23-2003, 06:44 AM

Well S&W will not fix it so can someone tell me where I can send and get it fixed for a good price.