Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Shot The Browning T-abolt today >

Shot The Browning T-abolt today

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Shot The Browning T-abolt today

Old 02-16-2016, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shot The Browning T-abolt today

finally got my hands on some hornady v-max ammo and decided to dial in my scope after remounting it (cross hairs were canted)

It was prob 40 degrees with a 10-12 mph cross wind so shot were takin when I felt like wind died down...

I was shooting a quarter size dots and at 50 yards even with a flyer my groups were pretty impressive I thought... I didn't want to waste ammo so I was shooting 2 shot make a sight adj and when I got it dialed in I went ahead and shot 5 for a 5 shot group... 4 out of the 5 you could cover with quarter but with the 1 flyer the quarter would cover 4 and touch the 5th... I'm prob going to put better glass on this gun something with AO and with a little more magnification... Thinking about the Bushnell legend ultra HD 4-12x44 AO
Old 02-18-2016, 03:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not familiar with that rifle. Is that a 17 HMR? If so, I haven't found one that didn't shoot good. My Savage 17 shoots that size groups at 100 yards when I do my part. They are awesome turkey killers too where allowed to use them.
And squirrels don't stand a chance. I was knocking them out of the trees with head shots out to 75 yards!
Old 02-19-2016, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry left out it was 22 mag... I had a 17 HMR savage and it did shoot good but I just didn't really like the gun kinda felt like a toy to me...
Old 03-10-2016, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

The t bolts are nice rifles
Old 03-14-2016, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a HUGE .22 mag fan, and own and shoot/hunt with them quite a bit. I'd suggest a 4x-16x or something along those lines. With that magnification range it's plenty low enough to have a wide field of view for running shots or quickly taken close range shots, and with the scope cranked up at upper end it permits me to see bullet holes without having to resort to spotting scope or walking back & forth to target to check shot placement when shooting from bench to check zero and/or group size and long shots (100-200 yards) when hunting. I've found scopes offering that range (4x-16x) work best on .22 mags for ME personally.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to put that bushnell ultra hd on it with mil dot