Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

S&W M&P Shield

Old 10-09-2016, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm going to go ahead and say it. The 9mm Shield is a revolutionary pistol. It does exactly what it is supposed to do better than any of the competition. It it solid and build extremely well. For the money, nothing comes close.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:02 AM
Dominant Buck

I like mine and can report it doesn't care what I put through it for target ammo. So far I have run 4 different types of cheap target ammo through it and not one problem.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:07 AM
Fork Horn

I have had two. Great pistol.
Now my brother has one and son in law has one. I don't have one again.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

The Holster Store, St. Cloud, FL makes high quality leather holsters at a fair price and can make a LH version in any holster in their line. I own several of their's from the small auto for my Taurus TCP up to one for my 1911.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had one 40 cal and it kept locking open with ammo still in the magazine s&w fixed for free but I can't trust a gun after that since it's a carry piece so I sold it. FYI I have had many s&w over the years and liked them all maybe I just had bad luck with mine?
Old 10-12-2016, 05:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
I had one 40 cal and it kept locking open with ammo still in the magazine s&w fixed for free but I can't trust a gun after that since it's a carry piece so I sold it. FYI I have had many s&w over the years and liked them all maybe I just had bad luck with mine?
How many rounds did you put through it? IMO you should put at least 200 rounds through any semi pistol to loosen it up a bit. Granted it should work perfectly from the factory but shooting it helps.
But then again maybe you did get a lemon. It happens.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
How many rounds did you put through it? IMO you should put at least 200 rounds through any semi pistol to loosen it up a bit. Granted it should work perfectly from the factory but shooting it helps.
But then again maybe you did get a lemon. It happens.
Not supposed to happen from round one s&w replaced slide stop I shot it one or two times after that but never trusted it again so I sold it. Never had any of my many other s&w pistols do that. Now I run all kimber for carry purposes.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Really nice piece. My wife even liked it... might get another for her. Got to figure out what kind of CC holster I want. Well worth the money and I got mine for 389. Got a liberty drawer safe for it when the grand kids are around.

http://aliengearholsters.com/
Old 10-13-2016, 02:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Really nice piece. My wife even liked it... might get another for her. Got to figure out what kind of CC holster I want. Well worth the money and I got mine for 389. Got a liberty drawer safe for it when the grand kids are around.
Champlain check out The Holster Store in St. Cloud, FL. They make good quality holsters at a reasonable price using high quality leather. I personally like the Pro Carry. I have about 5 or 6 of their holsters.
And for you leftys out there, they can make any holster they have in a LH version.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Champlain check out The Holster Store in St. Cloud, FL. They make good quality holsters at a reasonable price using high quality leather. I personally like the Pro Carry. I have about 5 or 6 of their holsters.
And for you leftys out there, they can make any holster they have in a LH version.
Checked them. Look very nice might pick one up. And Uncle Matt aliengear is always good stuff. Highly rated.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 10-13-2016 at 02:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.