Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Benelli supernova review >

Benelli supernova review

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Benelli supernova review

Old 08-16-2015, 01:42 PM
Spike

Default Benelli supernova review

Just interested in one. Any thoughts?
Old 08-16-2015, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought my first one in 2006 or 2007 because I was traveling out of town for a bachelor party and needed a scattergun for some clays - I planned to resell it after the range day and take the loss as a "rental fee". It was on sale, I took a chance.

I fell in love instantly, and arranged for the shop to ship it home to me. Now my wife and I have 5 of them.

The recoil assist action is second to none for recoil absorption and cycling speed. They like to run a little wet, but once I discovered frog lube, that issue completely went away. The adjustable comfortech stocks are fantastic, especially for me, since I shoot right and left handed - I can swap my cast back and forth with ease.

A lot of guys cuss them, but I tend to assume they either 1) haven't spent time getting used to one, 2) have never even shot one themselves (favoring walnut and blued), or 3) got a lemon from the factory and didn't chase down getting Benelli to fix it. If I were only able to keep one pumpgun, I'd sell my others - including my 870's - and the one I would keep would be a Supernova.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have a 11 year old Nova ... 12 ga. that can handle up to 3.5" shells. Have shot it countless times .... may cases .... dove shoots, ducks, geese, squirrels, and turkey. Never had a single issue. Cycles great and fits me nicely. Nothing custom about the gun. Just a reliable shooter. Easy to disassemble for cleaning.