Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Smith and Wesson sd9ve? >

Smith and Wesson sd9ve?

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Smith and Wesson sd9ve?

Old 05-26-2014, 07:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Smith and Wesson sd9ve?

I just ordered an sd9sv for a truck gun. I have plenty of CCW and pleny of other hand guns. I ordered this gun to stay in the truck due to its low price and 16 round mag. I was curious if anyone has this gun and what you think? As long as it goes bang it will serve its purpose. I have shot the old Sigma and the triggers sucked. How does this gun compare?

Last edited by burniegoeasily; 05-26-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:20 PM
Spike

Default S&w sd9ve

I had one when it was the SW9VE, what the difference is I don't know. It's a great, inexpensive gun. Accurate, mild felt recoil, shoots any ammo well and is great for a truck gun. That and target shooting is what mine was for. I only sold it to fund another gun. I hope you like it.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

If the trigger is anything like the shield which it probably is it will be as lousy as the sigma. I tried the shield and went the extra bucks for the m&p. A much better trigger IMO.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Well mine came in. I have to say i really like it. It shoots much like my Glock 17. The trigger is much better than the old sigmas. Mine has a very smooth 7 lb trigger. I had planned on doing an apex trigger job on it, but do not feel it needs one. I will pull it apart and polish it up, but thats pretty much it. I actually like the feel better than my glocks. It fits my hands well and naturally points. I have replaced my Ruger lcr with it as a truch gun.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Glad you like it and happy for you it didn't have the same trigger as the Shield.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Spike

Default S&W Name

Just an fyi for anyone that didn't know. The SD9VE and previously the SW9VE are the technical names for the Sigma. They're one and the same.