Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

m1910 mauser

Old 04-29-2014, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default m1910 mauser

i just got back from trying my new to me 7x57 mauser,wow.its a m1910 built in 1934,customized with a 22 in barrel at 7lbs w/o a scope.i tried some 140 gr corelokts and not bad,it did a couple of 1in groups but ill find what she likes real quick.handles great and not much recoil,i think i found my new goto rifle
Old 05-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am old-fashioned, I still think the Mauser bolt action rifle is one of the best ever made. I do not know what a 1910 model is, I suspect one of the "Spanish Mausers", especially when it is chambered in 7X57. Those were some of the best made military rifles ever made, the craftmanship was great. I have a 1908 Brazilian Mauser in 7X57. It is stock, I have never fired it. At one time I was thinking of taking off some of the 29" barrel and putting a scope on it, I decided to leave it as is. The 7X57 is a very good round, will take most anything in the US and does not kick as much as a 30-06. With a little care, that gun will last another century and I imagine 7X57 ammo will still be sold. Have fun with it.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

shes a sweet little rifle,its a mexican 98 made in 1934 and the action is nice.im kind of like you i prefer older quality rifles,im wanting to build a 6.5x55 too.