Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

tikka vs remington

Old 05-13-2013, 05:30 PM
Spike

Default tikka vs remington

Hello, I've been looking for a long range 308 and am stuck between a Remington 700p and tikka t3 varmint 308. I've heard of the how tikka's are supposed to be known for accuracy and quality but was wondering what you guys think.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

tikka .
Old 05-14-2013, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I am more of an old school guy because I would buy the Remington. I know ALOT of people like the Tikka but they to me look and feel cheap. They might shoot great but so does a Ruger American, as a matter of fact all modern sporting bolt guns shoot great nowadays, they couldn't sell them if they didn't. The best thing to do is go hold them both, look them over and make the desission for your self, don't buy one or the other because someone told you that you should.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO, it is a toss-up. My last dealings with Remmy were less than satisfactory and I've had / sold three Tikkas. Either may be fine, but I'd pick whatever fits you best and has what you are seeking.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
My last dealings with Remmy were less than satisfactory.
Uh-Huh, mine too.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tikka, over and over and over again.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

When you say "long range" do you mean 200 yards or truly long range...i.e. 500 - 1000+ yards?

Between the new Remmy's and the Tikka, I'd buy the Tikka hands down. I have a T-3 Stainless Lite in 270WSM and love it...bolt is smooth as butter, adjustable trigger breaks like glass, accuracy has proven to be sub-MOA @200 yards with a variety of handloads and the rifle handles nicely...that being said, I'm not sure I'd call it a true long range rifle...they do however make a new T3 heavy barrel long range rifle (not currently available)...I know they (Tikka) shows a a 308 with the heavy barrel available, but a friend of mine looked for over a year and never actually ever found one to buy...that being said, Budsguns shows one in stainless available for $900...

For that price I would suggest you also look at the Savage Model 10 FLCP...I bought one to get started in log range shooting...eventually I will have a custom rifle built once my skills improve... and while I am just starting to shoot it, early results are pretty awesome for this rifle...after a year of load development, scope changes and range time I can consistently hit a 6" plate at 400 yards...I am hoping to move that out to 500 this summer and keep going. If you truly want to long range shoot, talk to someone much smarter and better at it than me...Ridge Runner on this forum seems to be the resident expert and can certainly provide you much better info than me on long range shooting.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:52 PM
Spike

thanks guys. I handled them today and the tikka seems to be much better build and a better trigger and action. I think ill go with that
Old 05-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

IMO for a production rifle its hare to beat the Tikka. But the custom boys love their Remington 700 actions (as well as Win 70) to use as a baseline for a build.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

The question is, which one do you like the best? Which one fits you better?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.