Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

S&w m&p40

Old 01-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default S&w m&p40

Just picked up another M&P40. I liked my compact so much that I decided to buy the full size one. The compact is great for every day carry but the full size really feels good in my hands. Going to take it out tomorrow and run it thru its paces.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:08 AM
Spike

Great pick up. I have a M&P 9mm and i love it. Thinking about getting a compact M&P40 next.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dave - the compact is only about 1/2" shorter in barrel length and probably about the same in grip length. The full size mags will function in the compact but not vice versa. I wanted to get out today but the wind is howling here so maybe next weekend. No indoor ranges around here.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:26 AM
Fork Horn

My brother bought the compact and really liked it. He bought an H&K P33 I think it is and was telling me that he actually preferred the M&P over the H&K. The H&K ergonomics felt better for him but the trigger he felt was nowhere near as good as the M&P. And for almost double the price as the M&P he was a bit disappointed.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

That full size M&P shoots terrific. Shooting offhand at a moderate rate of fire I was able to keep a full mag (15 rds) in a 3" cluster about 2" below the dime size bull at 15 yds. After examining why I was 2" low, it dawned on me that that is exactly where the white dot on the front sight is. The next mag I proceeded to destroy the bull. Now I wouldn't say it is more accurate than my compact but the slightly longer sight radius and longer grip improves the shooting ability of the weapon.