Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
TC is having some problems >

TC is having some problems

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

TC is having some problems

Old 12-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default TC is having some problems

last May i sent my encore 22lr barrel in to TC . TC agreed it was a bad barrel and said it would be replaced . problems was TC did not have any 22lr to replace it with and as it turns out ,6 months later ,they could not tell me when they were planning on making any more .
It occurred to me that maybe TC would send me some thing different than the 22lr ,so i asked ,and they said sure. i said how about a 17HMR . they said blue or SS. i said SS .they said sorry they did not have one . then i said OK how about the blue ? no sorry ,they did not have one . i asked if maybe i could get a rifle barrel instead of the pistol barrel ? they said OK, what would you like ?
after giving it some thought i asked for a SS 45-70 ,they said no sorry we don't have any . so i asked for a 209-50. to my surprise they do have one . it should be here in a week.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Seems as though T/C has been going downhill since being bought by S&W. Just as Marlin is going down the same path after being bought out by Remington.
I seems that the reliable old Marlin 336 and associated 1895 rifles are now experiencing functioning problems since Rem has them cutting corners.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Seems as though T/C has been going downhill since being bought by S&W.
exactly .
Old 12-20-2012, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

I had good results when I sent back my encore barrel.. Broken locking bolt. Fixed no charge.. Shipped back in timely fashion. Couple weeks if I remember correctly.

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android
Old 12-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

TC quality control was going down hill for years before they were bought by S&W: Under S&W it has gone from poor to nonexistent. i nominate the Encore for the most over-rated, over priced and poorly executed gun ever made in the USA.