Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

New carry pistol

Old 11-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default New carry pistol

Those of you who carry most of the time know that there are occasions where your fav carry handgun just cannot be concealed. I normally like to carry my M&P Compact 40 S&W or if I am wearing a jacket/sportscoat I carry my 1911. But those days when all you wear are jeans and a t-shirt either of these can show. I always wanted a little 'pocket pistol'. I was reading lots of reviews and thought I would get one soon. Two weeks ago I was in the gun shop and a gentleman brought one in to sell which I snatched up as soon as it was checked in. It is the Taurus 738 TCP with stainless slide. Chambered for .380. Yeah I know, a whimpy little round. But the reviews on this pistol are good. Better than the Ruger LCP. It is made right here in the USA, and I ran 2 boxes of cheapo Blazer ammo through it and it did not malfunction once. Accuracy was better than expected. I shot it at 15' which is about all you will be needing this for and shot 2" groups with it offhand. It points natrually, and recoil is very controlable in the palm sized gun. I have it loaded with Hornady's Critical Defense ammo and it has been with me ever since I test fired it. No one never noticed it in my pocket. I hope I never have to use it but I am sure it would help me to get out of a tight spot if need be.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

Got my wife a little Bersa Thunder 380 over the weekend here for discrete carry. She didn't like the weight of her m&p for carrying, so I found her this. Picked up some brass for it just in case 380 ammo gets rare again.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had a Bersa Thunder for a while but sold it (legally) to my friend. Being a lefty I pretty much had to carry it with the safety off and in the 1/2 c0cked position. And it really wasn't all that much smaller than my M&P compact. The little Taurus is only 3/4" thick and is DAO.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been thinking about buying one of the Taurus TCP's or the KelTec P3AT for a few months now. Would be nice to carry in the pockets of your shorts in the spring, summer, and fall. I have been around several of these little pistols and the Taurus and KelTec seem to produce the least amount of malfunctions.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I had a Bersa Thunder for a while but sold it (legally) to my friend. Being a lefty I pretty much had to carry it with the safety off and in the 1/2 c0cked position. And it really wasn't all that much smaller than my M&P compact. The little Taurus is only 3/4" thick and is DAO.
because thats the smartest thing you can do! ever think about "what if it accidently discharges and kills someone?"
Old 11-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Baked the pistol has two safeties: a 1/2 cock safety (like a single action revolver or lever action rifle) AND a thumb safety. My method of carrying the Bersa WAS safe. I wish YOU would do a little more research before you open your mouth. You've done that on more than one occasion.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

I wish YOU would do a little more research before you open your mouth.
Well said. If halfbakedi420 knew a fraction of what he thinks, he would know something. Maybe he has been using some 420 and is halfbaked when he posts.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

Be sure to use a holster made for the model. Be safe!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

(Not that it matters much,but) I believe the Bersa I have has both a "safety" & a "de-docker" when the de-decocker is used the first shot is a long pull double action, (which acts as the safety) . I have never used it as a cc but I would think it would be an excellent choice.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah, open my mouth, these are yer words not mine...again you act like i am making stuff up lol...so now i guess yer gonna say the safety was on?

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 11-29-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.