Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Christmas Gun!

Old 11-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Spike

Default Christmas Gun!

My husband decided to buy me my own gun this year for Christmas. The past two years I've been using my dads 20 gauge to hunt with. My problem is I don't know what gun to look at. I live in Illinois, so I am looking for a shotgun. What are some smaller shotguns that would be good for a girl? I appreciate any tips and/or input!
Old 11-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

I got my wife a remington 870 youth model 20 ga due to the shorter lenght of pull she would need. It has a pink laminated stock that says shoot like a girl if you can. It came with a 18 1/2 in barrel but we got a 26 in barrel and its money now. We got it at gander mountain. Good luck.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Browning BPS micro is a very nice shotgun for a small framed person.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by RPD63

The Browning "Micro" line was built for youth & women hunters.

Hard to find better quality, even if you look at other subgauge shotguns built on smaller frames.

IE: CZ and the like.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by RPD63
agree that is what I would choose for my better half
Old 11-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Spike

Thanks, I have thought about looking into some of the youth guns, I also have had the chance to look at the Brownings online, but I haven't had a chance to get my hands on one in the stores. Those were the two at the top of my list after doing some research online, so thanks for the input guys! I really appreciate it!! Hope everyone is having a good hunting season so far!!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Spike

Thanks to everyone who gave me input, I ended up getting a Remington 870 express, can't wait to get out and shoot it!! Happy anniversary to me! lol hope everyone had/is having a great hunting season!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought my daughter a 20 ga. Rem. 870 a few years back. She initially used it for dove hunting.

She expressed an interes in deer hunting. So I bought her a rifled barrel for use with sabot type slugs. Very pleased with the accuracy we wwere abloe to get. She has had 3 chances at deer and has dropped all three cleanly with ther first shot ... her longest shot has been about 115 yards.

Bottom line, you done good and should be well pleased down the road.